Deeper's PI Metal Detector

• Admin

Hello All,

I was contacted by "Deepers" recently wanting to know if I would like to carry their products. I have never used their PI nor do I know anyone that has. I have read various tests on them over on the Australia forums. I requested a metal detector to be sent over for field testing, but was denied that request. To be honest, without seeing my own report or test I'm not willing to shell out several thousands of dollars.

I did mention to the company if the unit would do what they claimed I would purchase the test unit without questions. However, they shot down that offer.

I thought if I could get my hands on one of the Deeper's PI's I would make a public announcement and have a field outing so anyone interested could see the unit and the performance against other detectors. If the unit does what they claim, it would be a way to increase their sales in the US ten fold. However, they declined the request.

Anyone have any input on this unit or company?

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

John's Metal Detectors

Showing newest posts for query deepers. Show older posts Showing newest posts for query deepers. Show older postsSaturday, January 30, 2010

A Warning about Deepers metal detectors

This is to all that view this, I have been contacted by the Deepers Metal Detectors company in Mexico to be a dist/dealer for them. Avoid them because it is all bogus!!! I suppose I asked enough questions to make them nervous and it looks like they dropped me like a hot potato! I didn't fall for their story and have not gotten ripped by them. This is just a warning for others that might be contacted by them to stay away from Deepers! I hate having to do something like this but it is necessary at times. Just my 2 cents to everyone and my customers. Everyone be careful and safe.

John Tomlinson,CET

John's Detectors

Posted by John Tomlinson,CET at 5:34 AM 0 comments Newer Posts Older Posts Home

Tundra

• Admin

Hello Rodd,

Thanks for the heads-up. It was probably some scam to start with. The minute they kept talking about sending them money I knew something was not right. Hopefully no dealers got sucked into this and sent money thinking they would be the first dealer or distributor in the US.

Maybe Deepers (where ever they are based out of) needs to know about this.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob I've seen this supposed detector mentioned on the forums now for well over two years now and have yet to see anything come of it. I've seen a couple pictures of some sort of prototype and a lot of claims on what it will do and that’s about it. Nothing more except for a few pictures of something that looked duct taped together.

I work as a designer for an engineering services company that develops new technology for NASA and I can honestly say it doesn't take over two years to develop something like that if you have qualified people working on it. All you need is a good electronics engineer, a PCB designer, and a mechanical designer. The EE develops the circuit, the PCB designer lays the circuit out on a board and specs the parts, and the mechanical designer designs the enclosure. Add a few more weeks for fabrication and testing and your done!

In my office on a design like that I would say it would take about six weeks to design and test everything for a metal detector which is a pretty simple project.

If you ask me I'd say it looks like there's a person with a giant polished turd that’s trying to get some money for it!

Del

• Admin

Hey Flak,

Deepers must have read my forum post, cause they contacted me again. They continue to try to convince me to purchase a Deepers X5 detector for half price. They say this is the best they can do. This is what I told them -

Send me a Deepers X5 and I will personally get 20-30 detectorist together to see this unit in the field. We will test in and allow all the members that show to play with it. At the end of the day if this unit does what you claim, I'm sure for the price of a couple thousand you will sell 4-5 that day, if not more. This will mean $10,000+ dollars and some very good advertising for your company. This is much more than selling me one unit for half price. Just think, if the unit is that great you will sell a bunch, get tons of free advertising and I will even purchase the one you shipped me. Heck, that is a Win-Win deal in my book, what do you think?

I have yet to hear back from them. I guess the $1,200 is much more valuable, which means something is very fishy.

Just my thoughts,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Flak,

I just received an email from the Vice President of Deepers. They claim to be sending a unit to me. There is currently one other person here in the US testing a Deepers X5. I have sent them all the shipping information, so lets see if the unit actually arrives. If so, I will make an announcement for anyone wanting to see the performance of this unit in the field. They have asked for email addresses for all users that will come and see the detector in person. They would like to place the emails on a newsletter they have coming out.

Will the detector show up?

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Oh Doug, You aren't really comparing a QED - which has never seen the light of day

except in your posts - with a MineLab are you?...you really are delusional.

Perhaps you will do the same thing that the Deepers company is doing,

sending out a unit for a group of experienced detectorists to test.

(Yeah, right)...

(Thread readers note: expect a long, rambling, impossibly technical rant as a rebuttal to this

that will also say the QED is due out any time now,

as well as a threat to sue for character assassination)

Here, for all that want to look is the Deepers PI website:

One of the more interesting things it says is that it is French Technology

but it's being made in Mexico. hmmmm.

http://www.deepers.com/English/Portal-Eng.html

It will be interesting to see what Rob has to say after testing one.

• Admin

Hello All,

Deepers really didn't make any claims beyond what the website stated. They claim the detector will go deeper than other PI's, so that is what I want to test. However, if the unit will not ground balance or cancel out mineralization, the field testing will be poor at best.

Lets wait and see if a unit even arrives. I questions the arrival of the detector, but maybe I will be wrong.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

"However until the technology( some of which is unique and has never been incorporated in any other hobby Pi detector) can be protected why would BW give a QED to anyone directly associated with ML and risk having it end up in Basket Range South Australia or Las Vegas!"

So is the June release of the vaunted QED is out of the question till BW comes up with $ for a patent? That could take a year.... or more, thanks for another disappointment.

Defies reason that this would not already be protected.

Confirms my opinion that the QED will never survive a patent challenge. It's also my opinion that The QED is built on "borrowed" technology.

• Admin

Hey Doug,

How about you sending me a QED to try here in Arizona. I will extend the same offer to you. I have no ties with any manufacture besides being a dealer. If another detector came out tomorrow that would outperform what I'm using now, I would be using it. This has been no secret, I'm partial to Minelab, but then again I feel they are the best for at least me. I had hopes that the Garrett Infinium and White's TDI would be better than what I seen and tested.

I feel the Minelab PI's are superior here in the Southwestern US because they get superior depth and are much more immune to mineralization then any other detector I have used to date.

If there is another unit that will do this, or even close for half the price, I'm interested in seeing it. I'm not interested in finding fly speck nuggets or the so called "invisible" gold. If the unit can pick up Gram size gold and larger at good depths in highly mineralized ground conditions, I'm interested!

We really don't know each other from Adam, but I'm more than willing to test the QED here in Arizona.

Just thought I would toss that out there. I have yet to have any takers, nor have anyone that bashed the Minelab PI's invited me to their patches. I'm either the best metal detectorist in the World, or the fact is Minelab PI's are superior.

P.S. At the recent Minelab Seminar they made a statement about their line "Best Metal Detection Technology." They said if this wasn't true any company could challenge them to have that line removed, but they can't cause it's the plain truth. Minelab does have the best technology to date, not saying that can't change in the future.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

Once the new SMT board has proven itself a reliable performer I would be very happy to send you one to try for yourself.

Nobody would disagree that a bit of competition would be good for consumers and it may even jerk the slack out of the LV service department.

The mindless detractors are forever badgering me to release it. I guess they would take great delight if a "3rd party" mylar strip failed in the first 1000 or so due to inadequate field testing and required an expensive and reputation damaging recall.

Regarding the following quote:

P.S. At the recent Minelab Seminar they made a statement about their line "Best Metal Detection Technology." They said if this wasn't true any company could challenge them to have that line removed, but they can't cause it's the plain truth. Minelab does have the best technology to date, not saying that can't change in the future.

If you look at the Minelab web site, their GPX4500 is marketed as a Gold Detector. Any user knows they will also very happily find any type of metal including trash. If you look at ALL their PI patents you will see them referred to as Metal Detectors. I guess corporate marketing spin and propaganda doesn't work on Patent Examiners.

regards

bugwhiskers

PS How much would Multi millions of dollars of Australian Taxpayer funded Government grants and humungous profits on each detector sold have helped create the "Best Metal Detection Technology."?

Rob; I believe that a dealer for Deeper's tried to move some machines a few years back...I think it was on Bill's forum or maybe Chris'...doesn't matter...they never would agree to a fair test by verifiable Bignames such as Montana Bob Dansie, Bill, Chris and You, of course...I learned the hard way not to buy experimental/prototype machines...I should have listened to you.

Doug and Bug whiskers...sending whatever prototype to Rob for testing is a reasonable thing to do. I don't believe your secrets are at risk from Rob.

Having the aforementioned NuggetHunters test what you currently have would lend crediance to you claims...and remove the stigma of so many claims that have been made without subtance and proof...I am not saying anyone has lied; just haven't put the pudding on the table for sampling...

fred

Rob,

Sorry that I have not more active in the last year. A broken leg, smash knee, and a broken back in 3 places has sidelined me. I find this thread very interesting for several reasons. I have had to sell all my detectors to help with bills. A very good friend has loaned me his eureka until I can get another detector.

The claims made by those in the thread sound to good to be true, therefore they are probably not true. I believe that any legal up front dealer/builder would be excited to have a group of seasoned detectionist to field test their product.

I'm in the process of reinventing the wheel in the form of a drywasher. Because of my weight restrictions it must be light and portable. When I have finished with my me personal testing I would be glad to sent you one to test the H*ll out of.

29prospector

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Bugwhiskers - I would love to test the QED once you get everything worked out. I will give you a fair shake field test of it here in Arizona. When you get everything ready please let me know. Thanks for reply to this thread. Wishing you the best.

Bob 29 Prospector - Great to hear from you. Glad you're doing ok now and I'm wishing you a speedy recovery so you can start searching for gold again. I would love to test your drywasher, but it might be a bugger to have it shipped over here.

Talk with you all later,

Rob Allison

If you upside downer are so worried about someone stealing the technology, why not just accompany a test unit or two to Arizona and demo/test it in person. Don't need a production unit for this. I'm so sorry to see that you guys have now brought this drivel to this forum... It had nothing to do with your ghost machine.

Sorry for feeding the trolls, won't happen again