The Drama Hunt

I live in a house full of estrogen, even the dog and the cat are females! My Wife, Robin & I, planned to hunt a local patch in the morning and at 0400 hrs, our oldest Daughter is whinning about her boyfriend to us in our room...Geez! I should have gotten up and cooked breakfeast, and of course I over slept by one hour. I dragged myself out of bed and straight to the coffee pot. Robin was busy and was telling me, why are you so slow? I didn't answer, I put my boots on and started the truck, off to a local patch to enjoy the Delta Breeze of the unseasonable cool morning for August. I had a spot in mind that I wanted Robin to work, but she had her mind on a different spot! I told her I'd be a couple of hills over and to watch out for rattlers and mice! I was working my way to the spot I had in mind, when my radio sounded off, I got one she say's and it's a pretty nice one maybe a little over 1 dwt. Well, I was at my spot and soon, I pulled a little dink out of it's hiding spot. A few minutes later, Robin calls me again and say's she found one about .5 dwt's and now she is thinking her first nugget is a 2 dwt'er? Well the high grass was way to snakey for most of my area, so I headed back over the hills to Robin. I asked to see her nuggets and her poke bottle sounded very nice. I poured her morning poke into my hand, and a 1/4 nugget caught my eye! Is this your 2 dwt'er I asked, she said, Yep! I told her it looks much bigger and left it at that...Geez! I hunted around her area and pulled another little dink out, and thought to myself, well I have as many nuggets as she does. Maybe she'll want to go home, so I can catch up on a couple of chores. So, I asked her...we've only been here a couple of hours and it's not even hot! I remined her of the honey due list, and my lack of quality sleep. Robin, gave in with a promise to hit the patch in the morning for another hunt! She's been on a roll this Summer and her fat nugget hit the scale at 6.7 dwt's...Geez! Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

21Aug10Vet1.jpg

21Aug10Vet3Robin.jpg

21Aug10Vet2Scale.jpg

I live in a house full of estrogen, even the dog and the cat are females! My Wife, Robin & I, planned to hunt a local patch in the morning and at 0400 hrs, our oldest Daughter is whinning about her boyfriend to us in our room...Geez! I should have gotten up and cooked breakfeast, and of course I over slept by one hour. I dragged myself out of bed and straight to the coffee pot. Robin was busy and was telling me, why are you so slow? I didn't answer, I put my boots on and started the truck, off to a local patch to enjoy the Delta Breeze of the unseasonable cool morning for August. I had a spot in mind that I wanted Robin to work, but she had her mind on a different spot! I told her I'd be a couple of hills over and to watch out for rattlers and mice! I was working my way to the spot I had in mind, when my radio sounded off, I got one she say's and it's a pretty nice one maybe a little over 1 dwt. Well, I was at my spot and soon, I pulled a little dink out of it's hiding spot. A few minutes later, Robin calls me again and say's she found one about .5 dwt's and now she is thinking her first nugget is a 2 dwt'er? Well the high grass was way to snakey for most of my area, so I headed back over the hills to Robin. I asked to see her nuggets and her poke bottle sounded very nice. I poured her morning poke into my hand, and a 1/4 nugget caught my eye! Is this your 2 dwt'er I asked, she said, Yep! I told her it looks much bigger and left it at that...Geez! I hunted around her area and pulled another little dink out, and thought to myself, well I have as many nuggets as she does. Maybe she'll want to go home, so I can catch up on a couple of chores. So, I asked her...we've only been here a couple of hours and it's not even hot! I remined her of the honey due list, and my lack of quality sleep. Robin, gave in with a promise to hit the patch in the morning for another hunt! She's been on a roll this Summer and her fat nugget hit the scale at 6.7 dwt's...Geez! Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

21Aug10Vet1.jpg

21Aug10Vet3Robin.jpg

21Aug10Vet2Scale.jpg

i'll just say, your a lucky mam....

• Admin

Hey Lucky,

Great story and pictures as always. It's awesome that your Wife goes out and nugget hunts with you. When my Wife and I first met she went everywhere with me in the hills. She became a pretty damn good detectorist also. Now with the new little one she don't hardly go now, but we talked about once the little one gets a bit older we can start doing prospecting/camping type trips.

Wishing you the best,

Rob Allison

I believe you have taught her enough Rick...lol..she is doing great this year!!!!

..now it's time you get me tuned in....lol

good looking stuff,,,looking fwd to tomorrows haul..

too cool guys looks like drama pays off sometimes ,you guys are a dynamite pair of nugget snipers....talk to ya later Justin

Archived