Not Gold related: But for our Viet Nam Vets

I'll make this short and to the point, as of the 1 Sept 2010 anyone that has been BOOTS on in Viet Nam and has one of the three new added Things that are now Presumed: meaning you do not have to prove it caused it. It is PRESUMED to have! Ischemic heart disease, hairy cell lukimia, Parkinson's. Are all newly added, and will be covered if You ever set foot in Nam even if just for one day. Close to $50,000,000,000.00 has already been set aside to pay for these. You get back pay from you first time of filing. even if you were deniaed the first time, they are going back. So get out there guys and get what you have coming. we have been along time getting this. Most will rate between 60% and 100& which could mean if your married as much as $3000.00 a month or as little as $800.00 a month. but they will take everything related into the rating. Blue water Navy off coast is not included, but brown water Swift Boats are. Thanks for your time Grubstake

Yeh, Chuck, your right, Its been since 1969 since I was in Nam. 67-69 and I've been out of the Army since 73. No health problems until I hit 49. then it went all down hill. Its going to help me, getting my heart service connected and all the other crap that go's with it. Free VA medical care. Thats all a plus to me. Grubstake

Thanks for getting that info out to all the VN Vets, Gary!!!

I hope they all read this!

paul

I hope you get what you have coming, Gary,

The gov't is slow to recognize nor admit the exposures that were done to boots on the ground

folks in CONUS, during testing of defoliants in the jungle environments such as I and some

of my troops at MacDill,and other Florida Bases, experienced back in '62,'63.

I never realized until years later, why it was that the once jungle area we onece had to chop our way

into, became an area of skeletonized plant remnants, and we not longer had to wade the snake infested

canals that drained the west end of the base... And it wasn't because of any fires, either.

...just sayin...

~LARGO~

Guess it's a little to late for my dad USMC special mission unit 1962 thru 2002 in Nam from 1962 thru 1971 passed last year and my step father a seabee 1965 thru 1969 he passed passed two years ago. Step father and dad both had been fighting with the gov for years about it.

You see the signs that say Uncle Sam want you but when you get sick because of something you come in contact with all is put on the back burner.That's not until there is not many left to say I got sick from that.The longer we wait they say the less we pay out.

We know in time of war some will die but they shouldn't have to at home.

Chuck Anders

Grubstake, thanks for the update. I'm also a Vietnam vet, Combat Engineer 69-70. My health is still OK. I remenber seeing our guys coming in off patrol covered in the stuff we know now as Agent Orange. They told us it was harmless and only killed the jungle.I've lost a lot of friends that were over there. It's about time the VA is doing the right thing. We came back to a lousy welcome home.Lets make sure that NEVER happens again.Thanks to all of our Vets and WELCOME HOME. Dave

Grubstake, thanks for the update. I'm also a Vietnam vet, Combat Engineer 69-70. My health is still OK. I remenber seeing our guys coming in off patrol covered in the stuff we know now as Agent Orange. They told us it was harmless and only killed the jungle.I've lost a lot of friends that were over there. It's about time the VA is doing the right thing. We came back to a lousy welcome home.Lets make sure that NEVER happens again.Thanks to all of our Vets and WELCOME HOME. Dave

Hey you guys, if you want to understand why the gov't has been slow to give our fighting men their dues, find a paperback book entitled: Waiting for an Army to Die.

That book title pretty much explains it all...

Gary

Hey guys,

If you are interested, and have the patience, here is a link to the book: Waiting for an Army to Die

I mentioned above.

http://www.questia.com/read/14086218

It is free, interestingly enough.

Hope this will explain somewhat about what Grubstake has been talking about, and going through all these years,

as well as a hell of a lot of fine brothers in arms that are gone or suffering daily from the ill conceived,

and thoughtless use of these chemicals. As they say, "it seemed like a good idea at the time...", never realizing

what the long term effects would be to our fine soldiers.

~LARGO~

• 2 weeks later...

UP-date on Agent Orange Rules! Yesterday they had the final hearing, everything is passed, We won, and we get it it, 15 Agent Orange realated disease's In cluding Ischemis heart. which I have along with relate things, I've already been to two Comp and Pension exams, got a few other, Hope to be rated at 100% disability, You don't have to prove agent Orange gave it to you, only that you were in Nam and have it. I'm looking at maybe $2900+ amonth and I get my Social Security soon too. That with my wifes will be around $4000.00 a month for the rest of my life. Now I can live. Better than $1200.00 a month I been living on. Happy days. DR. at the VA yesterday. told me I had a slam dunk, for PTSD and Ischemic heart, along with my prostrate. I can live out my last days in a little comfort. 40+ years out of Nam and I didn't know I died there. Grubstake

UP-date on Agent Orange Rules! Yesterday they had the final hearing, everything is passed, We won, and we get it it, 15 Agent Orange realated disease's In cluding Ischemis heart. which I have along with relate things, I've already been to two Comp and Pension exams, got a few other, Hope to be rated at 100% disability, You don't have to prove agent Orange gave it to you, only that you were in Nam and have it. I'm looking at maybe $2900+ amonth and I get my Social Security soon too. That with my wifes will be around $4000.00 a month for the rest of my life. Now I can live. Better than $1200.00 a month I been living on. Happy days. DR. at the VA yesterday. told me I had a slam dunk, for PTSD and Ischemic heart, along with my prostrate. I can live out my last days in a little comfort. 40+ years out of Nam and I didn't know I died there. Grubstake

Hey Gary,

I watched those hearings for a long time on a replay. Those guys making the opening remarks were patting each other on their backs for so long, I finally went to sleep, and missed the important part of the meeting.

I sure hope they don't drag their feet getting the check$ to you, so you and the Mrs. can have a easier time. God knows you and your brothers earned it, and then some.

Gary

Yeh me too! Gary. I just went 2 Comp. and pension exams, got another Oct. 6 and then maybe 2 more after that. One on my hearing, and the other on my heart, but they say. they are prob. going to take my DRS. record of 11 years. so it won't amount to much. on that. Just a few questions. That DR. yesterday told me I'm going to prob. get 100% rating with all I have wrong. Grubstake

Grubstake

I'm for all the Vets that has been there and done that.I was in the AF at the time but got sent to Thule Greenland.They told me that you could find a girl behind every tree but in Thule you don't have trees.

Chuck Anders

PS When I could I'd walk until I got to some low hills.I don't know why but this one rock I had to bring it back home with me.This one guy could fire it for me and he said it had nickel in it.When you cut it and polish it you could then see the nickel in it but the rock was black.I didn't want to go back for more after a year of Thule.The wind blew three days one time at 150 and gust to 175 miles per hour.That was the trouble you just couldn't afford to get away from the base to far because storms like that came up fast.

Chuck, that sounds like a space rock, you found over there. I may see a check just before Chistmas, But not holding my breath. But its coming for sure. like money in the bank. file my first claim in 95 for heart problems. They have to go back to when the claim was first filed. Re filed inMay of this year. Grubstake

I've been on that for 12 years Marco. I've been to all the VETS. forums and I have pretty well on the move. I'll be 62 in FEB. and I can apply for my Social Security in DEC. so I can get my retirement and the VA. pension, will make things much better for my wife and I. And I know once I get the pension, if I die from a heart attack, my wife can get $1200.00 amonth for the rest of her life too. Grubstake

all you Vets take a look at the post Oakwoodtruck put up on AZO, about how we don't deserve anything, because were all dopers or drunks. I don't do drugs, never have, don't drink, never have. I take it as a personal insult to me and my other viet Nam vets. Grubstake

Archived