New Lightweight Goldscreamer Power Packs for GPX

Hi Doc

Just want to ask if these are the Li-Ion or the Li-Ion Poly cells? Is that why they take longer to charge? I need to get a backup system for my GPX 4000. I was thinking that if got your new batt and gold screamer system as the primary batt. I could use my Minelab batt as a backup?

Thanks

CH

• Admin

Hello ColoradoGoldMan,

It's my understanding they are still Li-Ion batteries, but the charger is different then the orignal ones. The new chargers actually charge slower, allowing for a much more consistant charge which will last longer.

I've personally been using the Pocket Rocket system since the SD2100 all the way through to the new Goldscreamer on my GPX4500 and now GPX5000.

As Doc stated the new Control Box cover with the added pouch is the Cat's Meow!

P.S. Still have a bunch of units in stock if anyone is looking for them.

Take care,

Rob Allison

You know we were using the polymer batteries, they are light as a feather but they were not giving us the performance, so we went back to regular Lithium Ion Batteries. They are a little bit heavier but they are much more dependable in terms of run time.

Doc

Hi Doc

Just want to ask if these are the Li-Ion or the Li-Ion Poly cells? Is that why they take longer to charge? I need to get a backup system for my GPX 4000. I was thinking that if got your new batt and gold screamer system as the primary batt. I could use my Minelab batt as a backup?

Thanks

CH

Archived