New Lightweight Goldscreamer Power Packs for GPX

• Admin

Hello All,

Just wanted to let you know I got most of my orders out on the new Goldscreamer Power Packs. I've been using this system on my GPX4500 for the last couple of months and now on my GPX5000. If you're looking for a lightweight battery system that can mount right to the side of your GPX detector, this is your ticket! This system elliminates the power cord, bulky backpack/harness and stock battery.

I have plenty of them in stock, so if you're interested give Rob @ Rob's Detector Sales a call today to get yours ordered and shipped. For a short time I will be offering FREE US Priority Mail Shipping on any Goldscreamer Power Pack orders.

To place an order, contact:

Rob's Detector Sales

(623) 362-1459 business line

auplacers@yahoo.com - email order

Here is more information on the new system.

Goldscreamer Power Pack for GPX series Metal Detectors

dscn1400.jpg

14 ounces gives you 7 to 8 hours of detecting power with the awesome amplification power of Doc's famous Gold Screamer amp.

We took the Gold Screamer amp, and added a 7800 mAh battery for the lightest, loudest power solution you will find for your GPX4000, GPX4500, GPX4800, or GX5000.

What do you get?

2 - 7800 mAh Lithium on Batteries, 1 Gold Screamer Power Pack amplifier, 1 Deluxe AC/DC Battery Charger, and a Control Box cover with integrated pouch to house your cordless solution to detecting.

Now what we have come to notice is that by eliminating the big curly power cord and using a little short cord that is hard wired into the Gold Screamer with the other end having the 5 pin plug that attaches to your control box, all of a sudden these machines are running smoother.

Now along with the fact that you are getting rid of the curly cord, and the problem with getting caught on branches, we are speculating that perhaps some of the EMI has been caused by the big curly cord.

We know connection points are a weak chain in the link and they can cause interference, so the fewer the better. The curly power cord has two connectors, and if you were attempting to use an amplifier that meant even more connection points. With the GOLD SCREAMER POWER PACK there is one connector, the one that plugs into the detector. You have the power to run your detector, and massive amplification to hear even the faintest targets.

Making the detector run smoother was simply an unexpected benefit. The real benefit is the reduced weight, and the freedom of not being hooked up to your detector with a curly cord.

One Minelab Lithium Ion battery costs $570, and the amplification from the Minelab battery is good, but it may not be enough for people with hearing impairment. Doc's Gold Screamer Power Pack is ONLY $459 and it comes with two batteries. Because our system is modular, if you need yet another battery it is only an additional $45.

If you need an optional External Speaker, it is regularly $49.95, if you buy it with the system it is an additional $40. If it is too hot for headphones, or you want to be able to train someone, the speaker is an excellent tool. The picture below show Doc's special Slim Line speaker attached to the control box cover.

Goldscreamer Power Pack - Complete Package - Retail $599.00, Your Price - $469.00

Goldscreamer Power Pack - Complete Package with External Speaker - Retail $649.00, Your Price - $499.00

Get your order placed today.

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Just wanted to let you know I got most of my orders out on the new Goldscreamer Power Packs. I've been using this system on my GPX4500 for the last couple of months and now on my GPX5000. If you're looking for a lightweight battery system that can mount right to the side of your GPX detector, this is your ticket! This system elliminates the power cord, bulky backpack/harness and stock battery.

I have plenty of them in stock, so if you're interested give Rob @ Rob's Detector Sales a call today to get yours ordered and shipped. For a short time I will be offering FREE US Priority Mail Shipping on any Goldscreamer Power Pack orders.

To place an order, contact:

Rob's Detector Sales

(623) 362-1459 business line

auplacers@yahoo.com - email order

Here is more information on the new system.

Goldscreamer Power Pack for GPX series Metal Detectors

dscn1400.jpg

14 ounces gives you 7 to 8 hours of detecting power with the awesome amplification power of Doc's famous Gold Screamer amp.

We took the Gold Screamer amp, and added a 7800 mAh battery for the lightest, loudest power solution you will find for your GPX4000, GPX4500, GPX4800, or GX5000.

What do you get?

2 - 7800 mAh Lithium on Batteries, 1 Gold Screamer Power Pack amplifier, 1 Deluxe AC/DC Battery Charger, and a Control Box cover with integrated pouch to house your cordless solution to detecting.

Now what we have come to notice is that by eliminating the big curly power cord and using a little short cord that is hard wired into the Gold Screamer with the other end having the 5 pin plug that attaches to your control box, all of a sudden these machines are running smoother.

Now along with the fact that you are getting rid of the curly cord, and the problem with getting caught on branches, we are speculating that perhaps some of the EMI has been caused by the big curly cord.

We know connection points are a weak chain in the link and they can cause interference, so the fewer the better. The curly power cord has two connectors, and if you were attempting to use an amplifier that meant even more connection points. With the GOLD SCREAMER POWER PACK there is one connector, the one that plugs into the detector. You have the power to run your detector, and massive amplification to hear even the faintest targets.

Making the detector run smoother was simply an unexpected benefit. The real benefit is the reduced weight, and the freedom of not being hooked up to your detector with a curly cord.

One Minelab Lithium Ion battery costs $570, and the amplification from the Minelab battery is good, but it may not be enough for people with hearing impairment. Doc's Gold Screamer Power Pack is ONLY $459 and it comes with two batteries. Because our system is modular, if you need yet another battery it is only an additional $45.

If you need an optional External Speaker, it is regularly $49.95, if you buy it with the system it is an additional $40. If it is too hot for headphones, or you want to be able to train someone, the speaker is an excellent tool. The picture below show Doc's special Slim Line speaker attached to the control box cover.

Goldscreamer Power Pack - Complete Package - Retail $599.00, Your Price - $469.00

Goldscreamer Power Pack - Complete Package with External Speaker - Retail $649.00, Your Price - $499.00

Get your order placed today.

Rob Allison

Rob,

Are the control box covers available separately? If so, would they fit the SD2200V2 control box? Also is the material canvas?

h20

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Flak - The unit is just a shy over 14 ounces. The unit can be mounted to the side of the metal detector with the control box cover that comes with it, or with the additional camo pouch you can mount the unit where ever you want (waist, belt or backpack).

H20 - Yes, you can purchase any piece individually if needed. The control box cover w/ attached side pouch is $49.00 as Doc stated. Many detectorist that have prior Pocket Rocket systems on SD's/GP's are asking about the control box and pouch purchase.

I have the complete systems in stock along with all loose accessories for individual purchases if needed.

Give us a call at 623-362-1459 to get your stuff order today.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Rob

Just a thought I had, if someone gets one of these and decides they don't like the battery on the detector because of the added weight, can it be mounted on a belt using a power cable from it to the detector? I know it has a fixed cable but could there be an adapter made to hook up a longer cable to it?

Wes.

First you will not notice the additional weight at all. And yes, if you do want to mount it on your belt, we can added a power cord with a female end and a male end.

Doc

Control Box covers are available separately $49. They fit all Minelab pulse induction machines.

Doc

Doc,

Thanks for answering my question.

Here in Colorado, I still have not used my SD2200V2 that much. I find using the Gold Bug 2's I have much easier to ground balance and go, plus the gold is much smaller than I've seen on the Arizona forums.

It does look like, if one knows of somebody that does industrial sewing, the control box cover can be made from canvas material and put pockets on both sides of the cover, enabling SD owners to use a pocket rocket and signal enhancer without putting Velcro on both sides of the control box, or some other jury-rigging method. However, this is just my two cents on the subject, as in today's economy, everybody is trying to stretch their pennies.

Again Doc, thanks.

h20

Hello Guys,

Flak - The unit is just a shy over 14 ounces. The unit can be mounted to the side of the metal detector with the control box cover that comes with it, or with the additional camo pouch you can mount the unit where ever you want (waist, belt or backpack).

H20 - Yes, you can purchase any piece individually if needed. The control box cover w/ attached side pouch is $49.00 as Doc stated. Many detectorist that have prior Pocket Rocket systems on SD's/GP's are asking about the control box and pouch purchase.

I have the complete systems in stock along with all loose accessories for individual purchases if needed.

Give us a call at 623-362-1459 to get your stuff order today.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

As always, thanks Rob

h20

Absolutely you can make one yourself. Our cover is two pieces of canvas with foam padding sandwiched in between.

Guys have been making all kinds of modified carry straps to attach the unit to the side of the machine for a while now. I just got to the point were I wanted to have some professional ones made up so I could offer it with the Gold Screamer Power Pack as a complete ready to go system.

Doc

Doc,

Thanks for answering my question.

Here in Colorado, I still have not used my SD2200V2 that much. I find using the Gold Bug 2's I have much easier to ground balance and go, plus the gold is much smaller than I've seen on the Arizona forums.

It does look like, if one knows of somebody that does industrial sewing, the control box cover can be made from canvas material and put pockets on both sides of the cover, enabling SD owners to use a pocket rocket and signal enhancer without putting Velcro on both sides of the control box, or some other jury-rigging method. However, this is just my two cents on the subject, as in today's economy, everybody is trying to stretch their pennies.

Again Doc, thanks.

h20

Hi Rob,

I understand the unit is a lightweight altenative to the ML battery,

could you tell me HOW light it is? I looked all over and haven't found

any information on how much it weighs.

Thanks!

Flak

Hey Flak...I've been using the Screamer now for several months and totally love it...you can mount it to the side of your detector...I don't because that's where I have my Sound Enhancher mounted....or mount it on your belt....or like I do still using the old Minelab

two compartment back pack...top compartment spark coil bolt...a couple of tie wraps...TP...and fruit for a mid-morning snack...Screamer with both batteries in the lower

compartment....here's the weights: GP4000 batt.-853grams....GP4500 batt.-777 grams and the

Screamer 458 grams...the chargers are really neat...the same charger will charge with either

house current(110v or 220v)and 12v....can't be beat....

Yes but it will take a while 12 hours or more for the first charge. This charger charges very slow which gives a nice deep charge, and keeps the battery cool. It will be faster on recharge.

Doc

Rob and Doc

Thanks guys, I received my system today and unpacked it quickly. I have one of the batteries charging right now. I assume the red light on the charger will change to green when the battery is fully charged?

Thanks again, Wes.

Yes but it will take a while 12 hours or more for the first charge. This charger charges very slow which gives a nice deep charge, and keeps the battery cool. It will be faster on recharge.

Doc

Doc is it possible to "over charge" these batteries?

No the charger goes into trickle mode when the battery is fully charged.

I also have a challenge with this battery charger combo. The batteries are the best batteries available, they are made very heavy duty and we no longer have issues with them tripping the little trip fuse inside the battery as we did with the older style battery. However, these batteries don't snap into the chargers real tight. They are fine sitting at home on a counter, but bouncing around in a truck they would probably dislodge.

The charger is good also, it's just they are not as tight a fit as I would like. Personally I have been using a big rubber band to hold the battery tight into the charger, while it charges.

Doc

Yep! The Minelab batteries are 7.4 volts, I don't care what they say. It's just, that like ours, they charge to 8.10 volts. Then as they hit 7.2 volts, the machine turns off.

Anytime you get a 7 volt battery that only reads 7 volts, it is dead. If Minelab's battery was an 8 volt battery it would charge to around 9.20 volts. And it doesn't. I have pulled apart a Minelab battery and I have pulled apart our batteries, SAME LITHIUM ION CELLS.

You got the right ones!

Doc

Doc

Thanks for the reply. I was also looking at the voltage ratings of the battery's. I noticed that the batteries are rated at 7.4 volts and the battery that came with the 4000 is at 8 volts. Did I get the right batteries for the 4000?

Wes.

• Admin

Hey Wes,

Daughter is in the ER, lots going on over the weekend for me. Sorry I haven't been able to jump in here and post more. I guess I need to catch up .... Do you have one of the new Goldscreamer systems now, or the older Pocket Rocket for your GPX4000?

Many that have prior Pocket Rocket systems will only need to upgrade the regulator cradle w/ signal enhancer, which is $325.00. The lithium ion batteries and chargers will work on the new Goldscreamer system just fine.

The Pocket Rocket & new Goldscreamer units are amazing, a must have!

Take care,

Rob Allison

Archived