Hey guys need a quick opinion on the SD2200D

I have a chance to trade my brand new GMT with 4 hours on it + $300 for a SD2200D with the 11" Mono coil. I'm not completely unhappy with the GMT but a chance and getting a PI is what I've been trying to work toward. But is the 2200d worth it?

Thanks

Is it a SD2200 V2 or an old green one? Either works great. Being your GMT is brand new, I would push for an even trade.

Doc

It's the older greenish/brown one. it's the SD2200D, not the V2. I made an offer for $150 and my gmt. We'll see what he says...

• Admin

Hey Wjbell,

I would make the trade in my opinion. Even though it's an older SD2200, it's still worth it. The Minelab PI's are so much more immune to mineralization and get much more depth. You might give up some of your smaller gold with the SD2200, but you will find much larger pieces and depth and nuggets you might not have found prior in heavy mineralized zones.

There are tons of things you can add to the SD2200. I would suggest the Coiltek Pocket Rocket system and a Mono coil for starters. These two accessories will give you better performance and stability along with better sensitivity to small nuggets.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

I agree with Rob the 2200 is far better than any vlf. I hunted for three years with a 2200 and found plenty of yellow metal! The machine runs at its hottest with a little joey coil(best chance of finding small stuff) and it punches nice and deep with a ufo coil. hope this helps

Make the trade the 2200 stock is amazing I used one for a while and was very surprised at how well it handled the harsh ground and minerlization. You wont be disapointed other than the added weight :D of your GOLD.

Enjoy

HOT ROCK

I was talking to the guy today and he was saying that it has the mono 11" coil and that mono coils don't discriminate against iron. Is this true? I just want to make sure I'm not getting into a machine that has a broken discrimination circuit. If it is suppose to discriminate what kind of noise will it make over iron?

Thanks

That's right Mono coils do not discriminate. The detector probably works fine, in fact I have never heard of a machine with a broken discrimination circuit. Usually these machines either work or they don't work.

Most people prefer the 11 inch Mono coil to the DD. However, it for some reason you would ever want to add a DD coil, they are a dime a dozen.

The SD2200d comes standard with the 11 inch DD coil, and most guys immediately buy an 11 inch mono and throw the 11 inch DD is a closet in the garage never to be seen again.

So the guy is not trying to scam you, MONO coils do not discriminate.

Doc

when looking for gold its wise to not discriminate diggin every target will not only fill your poke with gold/iron specimens you will also learn your machine

Archived