SD 2200 d advice

Hey all

I need some of your knowledge and expertise please. I just purchased a sd 2200d and want to jazz it up with a amp and a dd elliptical. I have some good info on what to buy but just need some expert input. I search for gold in Nv and Northern Cal. What would be the ticket here.? Thanks for the help. NVRADAR

Ok, I used and still use a 2200sd, the amp, is a must, and I would say Blackwidow headphones, Pocket rocket battery system, Platypuss coil, it gets wet he in Calif. and it is waterproof, DD coils do better here, Coiltek 14 round or elliptical, I like ellipticals my self. Extra lower shaft or two, makes it easyer to change coils. And a tracking button, you can add that yourself if you can solder. Grubstake

Hello NVRadar, congratulations on getting your new detector!! I am still getting out a couple times weekly, but have yet to find the elusive gold! Plenty of bullets and junk though! We should meet up sometime for some nugget hunting. I have a DVD that i would gladly give to you titled "Outback Prospector- Unleashing the GP Series". Although this doesn't deal with your detector directly, it is still very handy as much of the techniques and concepts discussed remain the same. It also has an interesting interview with the inventor/developer of the Pulse induction technology. It is a very interesting and helpful video!

Thanks Grubstake, how deep on average would you say it gets to? And a max depth? I know the dd coils discriminate well. I know of several streams in Cal. that a water proof coil would REALLY do well. I will definitely check into one for my first dd coil. Do you know if the pocket rocket and gold screamer are the only amps available for the sd? I'm not sure what a tracking button is??

Hey Homestea I will be going to the Rye Patch if the weather holds for a bit, if not spring time it is! Always looking for new friends to learn from. Did you get my pm on that news paper clipping? Lots of info out on the web so any shortcuts are welcome. NVRADAR

The pocket Rocket is only the battery set up, I don't think DOC has the same set up for the 2200, that the GPX'S use, with the battery and amp as one unit, but he does sell just the goldscreemer amp by its self that works on the 2200sd. . There are other amps out there, but not as good or cheap as DOC has them or ROB. And as far as depth, I would say on a 1DWT. nugget your going to get 7-8 inches with the Platypus maybe more depending on ground. Minerals and such. I have gotten deeper ones, I still have the #1 prototype, and wouldn't take anything for it, it got me a pound or two of gold. Grubstake

I thought I did see somewhere the screamer did fit the sd2200?? I will look again. The depth sounds good to me. I have a set of Koss ears so I will stick with them for now. Do you hunt water or land most?

The 2200 is a very capable machine. I use the Gold Screamer amplifier (Awesome amp btw) from Rob, and Black Widow headphones. Mine is modded with a fast track button but that is not a neccessity, just a convenience.

Just some of the 2200 gold found recently.. Smallest weighed in at 3.2 grains...

SD2200D Training Video:

http://www.mlotv.com/view/623/minelab-sd2200d-advanced-instruction-video/

The 2200 is a very capable machine. I use the Gold Screamer amplifier (Awesome amp btw) from Rob, and Black Widow headphones. Mine is modded with a fast track button but that is not a neccessity, just a convenience.

Just some of the 2200 gold found recently.. Smallest weighed in at 3.2 grains...

SD2200D Training Video:

http://www.mlotv.com/view/623/minelab-sd2200d-advanced-instruction-video/

Nice pics Adam...recent? What coil are you using? I think I have it down to the gold screamer or the pocket rocket. Still thinking on the coil though.

I hunt land, but there is always tall wet grass in the mornings, heavy with dew, and I have fried one coil stock one, buy hunting in wet grass. You don't have that problem with the platy. Grubstake

All this gold was found by me, my uncle and a friend, with 2200sd's.

post-137-128866864439_thumb.jpg

nvradar, maybe I confused you, sorry.

The Pocket Rocket is only a separate regulated battery system. The Gold Screamer is an amplifier to enhance sound. I use both products in conjunction with eachother.

As for coils , I have no idea what you guys use up there in CA, though guys like Grubstake do hunt up there so they would have good advise. I use Mono coils primarily.

Its good to have one mono, but they struggle on a 2200sd up here, just too bad of ground minrals, I had ROB up here on a hunt, let him tell you just how bad the ground is here. He had to barrow a DD from me, because he only had a mono. But it is posible in some of the ground, On the 3000's on up, mono's work fine. but the 2200sd struggles with them. Grubstake

I hunt land, but there is always tall wet grass in the mornings, heavy with dew, and I have fried one coil stock one, buy hunting in wet grass. You don't have that problem with the platy. Grubstake

All this gold was found by me, my uncle and a friend, with 2200sd's.

YIKES!! Thats some sweet looking gold Grub!!! I think a platy is the way to go then.

YUP! I'm confused now! I thought both were amps. So what does the pocket rocket do for batteries?

No worries nvradar.

The Pocket Rocket is a Lithium Ion Battery and Battery regulator. The regulator reduces voltage to the 2200 down to 7.3 volts. This can be an enhancement for the SD series. They are packaged together. It is an alternative to using the heavy lead acid battery that usually comes with the SD 2200D.

Either way, the Amplifier is usually a must have with the SD`s, so that is something I would get straight away. The other things can come later if you want.

Talk to Rob about these items, as he can set you up.

• Admin

Hello NVRadar,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on getting a Minelab PI. The SD2200 is a great detector and you can add a lot of accessories to help the performance even more. Many of the guys have mentioned the most important ones, the Coiltek Li-Ion Pocket Rocket Battery System, Goldscreamer Signal Enhancer and some good quality headphones such as the DetectorPro Black Widow's. I carry all these items and recommend them with the SD2200d. It's up to you to determine if you want them all at one shot or piece by piece.

Give me a call at 623-362-1459 and we can discuss the items if you're interested. If I'm out, leave a detailed message and I will return your call.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello NVRadar,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on getting a Minelab PI. The SD2200 is a great detector and you can add a lot of accessories to help the performance even more. Many of the guys have mentioned the most important ones, the Coiltek Li-Ion Pocket Rocket Battery System, Goldscreamer Signal Enhancer and some good quality headphones such as the DetectorPro Black Widow's. I carry all these items and recommend them with the SD2200d. It's up to you to determine if you want them all at one shot or piece by piece.

Give me a call at 623-362-1459 and we can discuss the items if you're interested. If I'm out, leave a detailed message and I will return your call.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob I will give you a call for sure this weekend.

Archived