first 2 nuggets finally!!!

hello all, well i decided to go to the oc49ers club outing at goler gulch today. im so glad i did, i went a hill over from everyone and found a wash that had some small drainage runs commin down it, and i scored 2 dinks today within about an hour and in same area. just different side of the wash. i used the 11in mono with preset settings. was a faint sound but i could hear them. the small flat one was about 2in deep, and the round bigger one was about 4 in deep. woooohooooo! im stoked. id like to thank everyone for all the advice, and help you offer. this is the best forum in the world.u guys rock. that new gpx 5000 is the way to go. just turn on and go. cant wait til i leasrn the whole machine.until then im happy with the preset timings.

john

post-423-129151786408_thumb.jpg

John

That is some nice looking Gold... sounds like you had a blast keeping the old skunk off you back can't wait to get a chance to do a little prospecting myself...Once again Congrads!

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim

thanks tim. im gonna get out again and work that area good. just dont know if i should use same coil, drop down to the 8in momo, or go for the bigger stuff with the 12x15 in mono.im new at this and it took me few weeks to find something, but i finally did it and scored 2 at that lol.

john

Right on, John!

Your persistence and desire to learn is paying off.

We all have lots to learn and the journey is much of the fun. :)

yep, im stoked and ready to keep at it. im hoping to get something a bit more of size, but hey, im not complaining. lol

Guest sandtrap

Congrats on the first two,John !. You read my "private" e-mail. I will let you know when free time is available,as this fast approaching CHRISTmas season has me busy with family matters. CHEERS !!

John congrats on your first nuggets you will remember every detail of that find for years to come.As for coil size? use every size you have, and move rocks to get a better swing, also hit the sides of that wash using your small coil first, as with any coil when you raise the coil vertical it becomes unstable.and with a large coil you will notice much more instability.alot of factors about what size coil come into play here so now that you know there is gold,use every coil you have.Remember low and Slow, i cain't stress that enough...Again congrats and best of luck.

Terry, A.k.a T-bone

• 2 weeks later...

John,

Good on you with your first nuggets. Two in one day is a great thing.

I don't know exactly where you were at Goler Gulch, but keep your ears open, there have been a few good size nuggets taken from that general area. Four years ago I found one that won't make the record books, but it was 3/4s of an ounce. Right next to it were three 16penny nails. Last year on my first trip out for the year I scored a half ouncer. So dig every thing. If you would like to get together sometime send me a PM.

Frank

thanks everyone, it sure feels good to actually find real gold all by myself. its also great to be a part of this and other forums. all you guys are awesome.ive met a couple out there and enjoy all of the info,company and everything you great guys have to offer. im determined to keep at it and join the ozer club some day.who knows how long it will be but im determined. ill detect the whole dang dessert if thats what it takes. i have got the tools,the time, and the help and knowledge from you guys steppin up teaching me to do it. i wouldnt have found them dinks if it wasnt for info and reserch whic i learned from these forums. after the hollidays me and old sandtrap gonna both score us a biggin. he has been a pleasure to know. and i cant leave out ol rich. hes there with us. once again id like to thank everyone for being awesome people and steppin in to help a new guy out.taking the time to meet me,give me advice and even some inside info in pms. i feel like a real nugget hunter now! all my family thought i was crazy selling my jetboat and spending that much money on a metal detector. lol. well they ought not under estimate me lol.it wasnt crazy, it was the best investment i ever done.ill have this detector very long time.i dont care if they come out with a gpxyz 10,000. unless it only beeps on gold alone,im gd to go with my 5000.almost bought a used 4000 or less and save a buck, but actually i saved some time by jus getting the best and going for the gold.lol id like to wish all a very merry christmas and a happy new year. may the gd lord bless all and heal those not well.may he provide many more blessings to each and everyone of you. god bless and take care my friends.

john

Archived