Detector Stolen

If anyone sees some low life &^%$#@*(= with a TDI Control box and a pair of Koss headphones without the rod and coil, let me know. Its obvious they have no idea what they have or they wouldn't have left the rod and coil behind.

They disappeared out of my Suburban in the last few days.

For some reason, I'm very thirsty.....I hope I don't run out of beer.....

Patrick in Havasu.....

Damn Patrick that is to bad. Did you write down the Sn. so you can give it to the police. That is grand theft. You will most likely find it in the local pawnshop. Post it on all the forums. There are lots of low lifes out there for shure. You home owners Insurance most likely will replace it if you file. They did mine.

Keeper Swinging

CH

That sucks man i hope you find it , just last week a geopick , classifier set and 15 buckets were stolen right out of my hole on my claim in the huachuca mntns i left at 4 came the next morning and whamo! if you need a loaner i have a gold bug im not using ,best wishes hopefully your car or home inshurance will cover it :(

That's terrible, I hate thieves. Like others said check the serial number and call around to local pawn shops and if someone has one, it's most likely yours.

Damn ...sorry to read about your problem. It's pretty sad when people do crap like that! The pawn shop search is a good idea, they can be on the lookout too! I hope you find your detector one day Patrick, Sincerely; Guido

Sorry to hear that Patrick. Year before last my father had a minelab Excaliber and a Lap Top stolen out of his P/u, Right in his driveway.... We checked all the local pawn shops but never found them. His Vehicle insurance bought him new ones though. Hope your Ins. covers yours.

I just don't understand where our country and people are going these days. Who in the hell is raising these people up to be adults that think stealing is perfectly OK? Nothing is sacred. I couldn't sleep at night if I did such a thing.

My daddy taught me RESPECT. RESPECT for all things. Respect for other people, for their property, for their feelings, for their sadness, for their position of authority or lack of of such a position. He had a real easy rule to remember about stealing, DON'T YOU EVER TOUCH SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU without permission. One day I forgot that rule.

When I was 5 years old the man next door had planted a garden. He was a sweet old man and he would explain to me what everything was. He told me where the carrots were and the cucumbers and tomatoes were planted etc. Every day I would go out and talk to him as he tended to his garden. I watched as he watered the ground and soon sprouts started to grow. He told me when they were ready to be picked I could help him. Well for a little kid I was just totally intrigued by this whole thing. I mean it was just little green things growing out of the ground, how could it turn into a carrot? Not knowing at the time that a carrot was a root, I thought the carrot was supposed to grow out of the green stuff, like the Mr. Delacatie said the cucumbers would. So one day I wander on over there to the garden, I was very concerned that I was not seeing those carrots grow like the cucumbers and tomatoes were doing. So I pulled one of those green plants out of the ground to get a closer look thinking maybe those carrots were really really little and I couldn't see them. WOW was I surprised to see that the little carrot was on the bottom, in the dirt, where I couldn't see it. I was so excited with my discovery I ran home to show my dad. I was quite certain he didn't know that carrots grew under the plant in the ground, not on top like cucumbers. I run in the house, little carrot in hand, and start to tell my dad. His face became very stern and he said "You stole Mr. Delacatie's food?" (Oh shit!) My dad beat my ass till I couldn't sit for a week. Oh yeah I had red marks and welts. Child and Family Service? If they had showed up my dad would have beat their ass too. Don't misunderstand my dad was the most lovable and loving man in the world, and I knew he loved me, he told me and he showed me. But he also taught me if I broke the rules there were severe consequences. And I am happy he did. And I had to go tell Mr. Delacatie what I had done and apologize. To this day carrots make me a little sick to my stomach.

I have never taken as much as a grape from a grocery store because of that. I brought my kids up the same way.

Doc

I'd like to thank everyone for their advice and well wishe's. I had the SN, so I was able to give that to the Police.

I checked all the pawns in town with no success.

My car insurance will be helping me with the new machine I got today.

Thanks again to a great bunch of guys.....

Patrick in Havasu.....

Patric. Years ago I had my truck broken into and the idiot also only stole the control box , but he also got a chainsaw and a tool box. I was in Portland at the time and the cops wouldn't even come by and try to catch the guy. They told me to stop by a police station and get a form to send to my insurance company.----Bob

• Admin

Hey Patrick,

Sorry to hear about your loss. It's a real shame that someone would steal. People are more willing now with the economy bad to steal and do things they might not have before to keep food on the table. This is no excuse, just the fact that the economy is bad.

I would suggest you contact White's to make sure the unit don't get turned in for a warranty issue somewhere down the line. At least they would have your information and serial number to know the unit was stolen.

On another note, I have you covered for your first $100 bucks on a Minelab if anyone else is willing to chip in.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

WOW Rob.

What a great gesture. I REALLY appreciate your kind offer, but as I type this, I'm sitting in my truck at the # 14 GPAA claim at Gold Basin. I just finished lunch, and am ready to break out, and break in my brand new machine.

Rob, "you're welcome at my campfire anytime"

Wish me luck evryone.....

Patrick in Havasu.....

• Admin

Hey Patrick,

You're welcome. The offer is good anytime at my campfire also.

I just hate the fact people have to steal, so I'm willing to help out if I can. I would hate to be out a good detector, so the offer is always out there if anyone else is willing to chip in.

Wishing you much luck.

P.S. Keep an eye out for the meteorites also.

Rob Allison

Archived