Pocket Gold

that exciting! ive never found any residual gold before but am always hunting for it , congrats what was the size and angle of the vein if you dont mind just curious of the nature of the vein. thanks and hope you find more in that area(probably shed a ton locally) :D

that exciting! ive never found any residual gold before but am always hunting for it , congrats what was the size and angle of the vein if you dont mind just curious of the nature of the vein. thanks and hope you find more in that area(probably shed a ton locally) :D

Its a series of open cuts and short tunnels on top of a ridge running north/south with Quartz exposed. The gold was in a small ravine below the old diggings.

post-29712-129631603997_thumb.jpg

Southfork,

You've zero'd into the gold. Pound that ditch and check the slopes for some float gold below the old diggings. You may be driving a new truck before you know it!!!

LuckyLundy

My wife and two Sons and me hiked back out there today steep and rugged. We worked the edges of the cuts and down inside where it looked safe. Slim pick-ens for me. Hangtown scored a nugget out of the mine dump maybe a couple of grams And hes still out there.

Great finds.

That will sure get your blood pumpin.

I found this piece yesterday with my Whites TDI. On Friday my partner found a 7.9 grammer in the same area with his MXT.

Being out of work is sure stressful, but finding gold can sure help keep your mind off of it.

post-31035-129642051421_thumb.jpg

Great finds.

That will sure get your blood pumpin.

I found this piece yesterday with my Whites TDI. On Friday my partner found a 7.9 grammer in the same area with his MXT.

Being out of work is sure stressful, but finding gold can sure help keep your mind off of it.

One of my sons has been out of work also. But With all his gold finds lately that's his job. looks like your doing good also nice find.

Retorted,

Excellent find congrats, any idea of the depth? How about the weight?

Continued best of luck.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Not sure of the weight. The picture makes it look like there is more gold than there actually is. Most of it is quartz. I would estimate 2-3 grams of AU.

It was lying about 5-6 inches down beneath a small pile of rocks.

Good luck to you as well.

Charlie

Archived