gold bug pro

hello all, took my dad to the quartzsite area couple weeks ago. we joined the quartzsite metal detecting club.no luck. we stopped by the gold miser and they got my dad sold on new gold bug pro. they have alot to say about it. im not familiar with it. seems simple enough for a beginner. thats what he is. they offered to take my whites mxt in on trade. its a few years old and does work good still. ive got the 6x10 dd coil on it. what would be good trade in on it. but my real question is, anyone got any feed back on the new gold bug pro. he just wants something thats made for gold hunting. he is a simple man and needs an easy machine. i was thinking about trading my mxt in and pay the difference and get him one when i take him back this weekend.

john

John,

Hey that MXT will find gold and so will the GoldBug Pro (I don't own). I will talk about the GoldBug 2 and 71 Khz(?) it runs on. In my book it's the Khz that make the big difference between the MXT and GoldBug Pro vs the GoldBug 2. But the biggest factor is a possitive mind when out detecting knowing you have the best equipment in your hands. Get your Dad, that GoldBug Pro and I'm sure it comes with that little round coil which will be great on small nuggets. Happy hunting with your Dad and I hope he finds a fat one soon.

LuckyLundy

thanks all for the kind words. im gonna go ahead and get him the gold bug pro. he is fired up telling everyone all about it lol. so we will be in quartzsite this weekend if weather permits. if anyone is there and could meet up and do some beeping and maybe point a couple beginners in the right direction. we will appreciate it.

john

I think he will have a lot of fun with the new GB. The only downside some folks have with the GB2 was the manual ground balance. And I understand the new GB has auto ground balance.

If you are going to Quartzsite, I would recommend you go West on I 10 to the Dome rock exit, take the exit and go south under I 10 over to the camp ground. When we were down there three weeks ago there was no one there, although there were people everywhere else. There is a frontage road that runs along the East Bound I 10 going back to Quartzsite. Between that frontage road and I10 is a lot of drainage that goes down into a gully that runs under the I10. I had a lot of good luck working those little drainages and also there are tons of drywash piles that should be perfect pickings for your dad.

I have attached a wide shot and a tight shot to show you where to go. I pulled some little ones and a nice 5.5 dwt out of this area.

Doc

thanks all for the kind words. im gonna go ahead and get him the gold bug pro. he is fired up telling everyone all about it lol. so we will be in quartzsite this weekend if weather permits. if anyone is there and could meet up and do some beeping and maybe point a couple beginners in the right direction. we will appreciate it.

john

thanks guys, you are awesome. i only found 2 nuggets so far. i know ill find more in the future. id really like to see my dad dig his first up. cant imagine how hooked he will be. were gonna haqve a good time regardless.thanks everyone for the good words and the maps. we will definately check all the areas out.

john

John... The Gold Bug Pro is a pretty good choice for older folk

(Like me). Its totally different than the Big Coil PI-type

detectors. With the standard 5-inch coil it can work best finding

small nuggets under the brush (careful around the Chollas!!!)

and cracks and tight places that have been missed by larger coils.

If you have access to the February issue of Lost Treasure, Rob's

cousin, Chris Gholson, has a field test and review on using it...

The GBPro and a Big Coil PI-type could make a good team; but I

do not know about the cross-talk dstance needed... Anyone know?

DOC... :) if you see this post... Glad you are out and about...

Jim Straight

If you want to dig for some gold grain and flakes, gold bug pro is the right detector for you. It is the detector that exceptional for nugget detecting. There are reviews that gold bug pro beat minelab 2200v2 in its performance of detecting gold nuggets.

Beat the minelab??? WOW!!

• Admin

Hello All,

Everyone likes to hype their own brand, but that claim is just funny. I guess we have to ask ourself what they meant by beating the SD series. Without a doubt, the Goldbug series will do much better when it comes to very small gold over an SD series and maybe this is what they meant. However, when it comes to mineralized ground and where the nuggets become about a half gram size and larger the Goldbug series don't have a chance.

Both are great detectors, having both is idea if possible.

Take care,

Rob Allison

well guys, pops loves the new machine. he wanted the larger coil. we didnt do any good this trip. tried all the places you showed me and also hit every claim the club has. maybe i just dont know how to read the areas very well. am i supposed to beep in the middle of the washes, just seems like when i do every target i get is tin and 2 ft deep. and i searched the banks, every dip in the land.im gonna head back out in couple weeks and try again. if anyone will be out there to give me and pops some tips or teach us few things, we would be delighted.funny how you mention mc donalds as a meeting place. lol. we stopped for bfast and saw a guy in a truck parked there advertising prospecting lessons on the side of his old truck.i searched all the tailings, wall where they gug, tops of the rolling hills where all the rocks pile up. in the washes, seem real sandy and seems like gold would be very deep , if any.was diggin foil at foot easy in the washes.oh well. we had a great time, pops at 64 yrs old looked just like a mountain goat way up on the side of them rocky hill. i cant beleive how healty he still is. was a fun trip anyways.

john

Archived