Muddy, Snowy hunt turns good

• Admin

Hello All,

I've been chomping at the bit to get out and do some more nugget hunting, so I decided to make a run out this morning. The sky looked clear, but once I arrived at this location it was covered in snow and mud. :( I decided to spend about an hour since I was already at the location and managed to find one small nugget right off the bat. This small nugget led me to believe if I moved and pulled down some of the handstacked rocks in this small ravine I might be able to find some more.

Low and behold after about 5 hours of working hard .... 13 nuggets to boot!

All nuggets were found with the Minelab GPX5000 and Coiltek 14-inch Elliptical Mono Searchcoil.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

I wanted to go today.....but didnt want to drive thru the muddy Stanton Rd,,,,,

you did great,Rob,,11 nuggets!--------i cant open the pic tho....

i hope to go alot this week ....on the hill....been using a ml 2100v2 for a couple of weeks now,,,lots of lead!

pk

WOW!!!!

I just got the pictures .....nice!

Hey AZOverland,

Field instructions ...? Didn't I say we would do those at the city park? :P

The big nugget was 31.8 Dwts, or just over 1.5 ounces.

Take care,

Rob Allison

LOL - Oh yes the GPX5000 really comes into its own picking up pocket change from the kiddie's playgrounds. :)

Wow 1.5 oz - you don't see those everyday. Again NICE

NICE!

Rob, Now you really didn't have that much snow, if you want I'll send you some from CO., we have had a banner yr. so far and it will be awhile before the white overburden is gone, then the mud! I'll be glad to send some of that along with snow your way in exchange for ......... a GPX5000 :D

Take care and watch your back - Frosty

Hey Paul,

Not sure why you can't open the picture. Anyone else having trouble opening up the picture?

Yes, I'm going back to move some more rocks hoping to find another biggie!

Take care,

Rob Allison

No Rob I got them,,,and WOW!!!!..and i am reeeeel good at moving rocks,,, ;)

• Admin

Hey Guys,

It's not always like this, but always nice when you're able to get into a nice spot. They are far and few inbetween, but you must charish the good times when you find them.

Wishing you all a hotspot or two! :D

Rob Allison

Archived