Minelab Repair Service?

• Admin

Hey Way2cool,

Someone was mentioning last week that the repair center shut down, but I believe this is false. I haven't heard anything of that nature from Minelab Americas.

Here are two phone numbers for you -

Minelab Americas Toll Free - 1-888-949-6522

Minelab Americas Customer Care - 1-877-767-6522

Minelab is now located just out of Chicago, IL.

I heard the turn around period is about 15-30 days on repairs right now, but I suggest you call and find out.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Someone was mentioning last week that the repair center shut down,
maybe they were

talking about the Vegas plant.. Thanks for the numbers I will give them a call this morning. Just got off the phone with Minelab they still service the 3500 and the wait time is 15-30 days. Thanks agian for the help Rob.

I've had my GPX4500 in for repair for about 10 days now, since they received it...I got an email saying it was "in line for repair" whatever that means...Hope they can get on it soon...I tried hunting with my Ol' Baboo 2100 last week, but it was just too frustratingly noisy...Ol' girl needs a bit of work ... 15 to 30 days seems unreasonably long, unless they've got so many bad units to work on it just takes that amount of time!!! ... Cheers, Unc

Wow 15-30 days, I just mailed my GPX in to get the front panel switches replaced the coil/RX switch was bad and mode switch was getting a little floopy. I talked with a Tech named Dan, and he didn't say any thing about it taking that long. I called the IL center Friday. I guess I'll be using the trusty TDI for a while.

What about all the ML hype about improved service? Sounds like they are back to the same old ways to me.

Keeper Swinging

CH

Ron, Woody can be reached on his forum Detectormods.maxforum.org

Frank, the way I was told by Woody to ship, cost me less than shipping to LV. When I shipped to LV, I insured for 4K; to AU, Woody said insure for 1K and it was all safe. Both were Priority mail.

Way2cool, first, I have to throw a qualifier out there- I haven't been able to get out that much since the repair and mod and when I do, I'm with limited time and I'm detecting and not playing with the different settings as I should. That being said, my 4500 is running very well and very smooth. I can not rightously say it's better than the original 4500 (been a long time since then and several trips to ML LV) and maybe the mods added have helped.

The mod has 3 positions-L,S and M. The L position is for Large nuggets (AU's #plus?), S is for sensitive and the M is close to stock? Haven't been in an area for the L position. Have been in areas where small gold has been found and have tried the S position but it's seemed a bit irratic and really sensitive. So I just use the M position. Which works for me.

I sent Woody a PM last night about it asking if there were any recommended settings for the sensitive position and got a reply; that it may get too sensitive in hot ground or using a large coil. I don't beleive Gold Basin is that hot and my favorite coil is the 14EM Nuggetfinder Advantage (and that's my smallest coil).

My bottom line is I have a 4500 that I can use now with confidence. I have no problems with Woody's expertise or knack at troubleshooting and repairing a problem. My only qualm with Woody is he is a man of few words(unlike me at times). For the price of the mod, I would of liked more than a 1 page sheet on what was done and would of liked a bit on how to get the most out of the mod!

I'll keep at it and experiment more and we'll see.

Shep

Hi

I just read that the OZ repair service is taking about a week to repair switch replacement. Flex cable replacement. Function switch, that type. Dang I could of sent it to OZ and had it back here in less time than just the 15 day min, much less the 30 days.

Oh well.

CH

Hey guy's,

I have my GPX4500 in at minelab also getting worked on. They have had it for two weeks and I talked to them today and asked them when I should get it back. The guy told me that it might take two months and it's working days not weekends, And that it's in line to be worked on. I don't think minelab has changed exept returning a phone call after you call them twice and wait a week longer for them to call you back. At least I got a call back. I hope we all can get our detectors back in a timmley manner but I don't think that will happen.

Road Dog

Well If it takes that long to get 3 switchs changed and a checkup, I will not be up grading to another ML. I will be sticking with the next gen Whites PI which I think will give the down under detectors a run for their money. What good is it to have a 6000 dollar detector that you can't get fixed in reasonable time. Illinois is a big union state, so figure their contract says they can only do 2 a day.Guess we'll see if the cat just has new spots or if it is a different cat.

Keeper Swinging

CH

Archived