New Mexico - the hard way

Trying to find a spot you guys haven't hammered ;)

Took hours on this dirt road - broke out the GMT for a bit on the NM side in a wash - Here's what the bedrock looked like:

CLICK HERE and there's a few other pics.

No signals except a few rusty items. Dug down a bit and didn't have black sand on the magnet.

Didn't see quartz.

Brief video from top of pass- very windy CLICK HERE

Only other traffic was Border Patrol; they didn't stop me this time- maybe I'm in the database as a kool kat B)

Just got to Las Cruces. Looking to get brakes on the truck, then maybe hit the Organ Mountains - some say there's treasure there.

Man you sure get around Kelly,

When you get back up this way give me a call and we'll go out and do it again, it will be warm enough to spend a few days out. I got a few more pieces out of the area we were working and figure theres more there.

wow you definetly get that big box truck in some spots :lol: when i seen you in greaterville you had that thing in a place where most wont take a truck :D keep livin the life brother

Ya, Dave- got too cold & windy up that way so I bailed to AZ again. I look forward to hunting with you.

BBoy- Coming out of that spot I kinda regretted going in (not the first time- I think the crunching was tree branches and not the suspension :D )

Homefire- I was almost in Deming today; tried to go to the volcanoes from the south but sand got too thick so I quick back-upped to not get stuck. Did a little beepin the east side of Potrillos TODAY'S JUNK

I'll send you my number. Overnighting in El Paso but itinerary is open.

Ya, Dave- got too cold & windy up that way so I bailed to AZ again. I look forward to hunting with you.

BBoy- Coming out of that spot I kinda regretted going in (not the first time- I think the crunching was tree branches and not the suspension :D )

Homefire- I was almost in Deming today; tried to go to the volcanoes from the south but sand got too thick so I quick back-upped to not get stuck. Did a little beepin the east side of Potrillos TODAY'S JUNK

I'll send you my number. Overnighting in El Paso but itinerary is open.

I just clicked through all 103-photos Kelly. All I can say is - I wish I could spend three-months with you exploring and traveling. Thank you for letting me tag along through your eyes! - Terry

Hey Kelly,

You will definitely go for it!!!

Like BB said,,,you were in a hole in Greaterville,,,lolol

Keep her rollin', but take the wheels off when you find the "spot"!!!

paul

hey there Kellly,.... wanted to ask how you did out in Dale District(29 Palms). was out and about that way 3 weeks ago and kept my eye out,... but didnt see ya,....hope you found sum color. got a few boings totaling 3.2 grams. weather was ah little chity this time around.

f0ol

Sorry I missed ya, f0ol.

I mainly surveyed (goofed around) on the quad and did only a little detecting, so nothing valuable found.

Did you meet the Ohio guys camping near If I Can? I chatted with them a bit. They're running a wet operation.

Now I'm in Alamogordo. Got new brakes on the truck cha-ching $$$ and with diesel prices am traveling a little slower.

Good luck out there! :)

Just give me a Hoot and we can get out a bit.

No gold around Deming Proper but we have some cool stuff.

Maybe Camp Cody if ya want!

It's just 2 miles from my house.

http://iagenweb.org/greatwar/tcs/cpcdy.htm

Nice meeting you Jim, and thanks for the tour of Camp Cody and tips on the area.

Next time thru we'll go out and hit some spots.

Thanks! :)

hey Frank,

I dug out the Lil Yeller for awhile yesterday!

I was pretty wore out from playing billy goat on a mountainside in Greaterville, so figured a little sit-down time was in order.

Ran a few shovelfuls thru.

Today at motel I set up in tub and had forgotten how to pan :o

no yeller from that lil bit o dirt, but the dry washer is still working fine after banging around in the back of the truck. Have some seal replacement tape but still haven't needed it.

Good product! :)

Archived