Joey gold

I went over to RP to meet a friend, while I was waiting at the designated spot, possibly the most pounded spot at RP (where Gerry M camps and holds his detector training).

I decided to have a swing-about. So I mounted my trusty Coiltek Joey mono on the 45.

After about an hour and 30 tiny rusted bits I managed to locate the sweet sound of gold.

I'd like to see Trevor come out with a "Blitz Joey"

post-573-0-61754100-1307750010_thumb.jpg post-573-0-62603300-1307750030_thumb.jpg

Perseverance! Congratulations! I am sure there were be more Blitz Coil down the road. It is sort of up to you guys to tell us what size BLITZ coil would be the most desirable.

Doc

Hey Chris

Nice one!!

Pretty sure I drove over that one!

Just goes to prove the old saying.

Probably drove over more gold getting

there!!!

Cheers

Herb

Nice! my joey took a crap after many years of use (it was used when i got it) and i realy miss the damn thing. Great job!

Thanks for the comments!

The Joey is IMHO a must have. It's a deadly coiled for sniping and hunting "target rich environments". I've dug some deep targets with it so don't let it's small size fool you.

When I'm lazy or confronted with tons of iron I'll use a 5x7 Commander DD and discrimination to cherry pick the non ferrous. But don't try it cuz we all know DD's and ML's iron discrimination sux :rolleyes:

Hey Frank, Ive pulled some nice gold out of raked DW piles I just cant pass up one even if its been knocked down.

I've gotten several PM's about the location,

Just look for all the RV's on section 17.

Contrary to popular belief there is no "open ground" at RP. Sections 17,19,21 and 29 are BLM that is leased from Newmont.

The lease holder is generous but likes to be ask first.

The other Sections are BLM with various claim holders. Several sections (like the old Spears claims) are watched now and folks are being asked to not poach.

nvchris

• Admin

Hey NvChris,

Yes, the Joey is an awesome coil, which you have proven. If I ever want to find something, most small, that has been missed, the Joey Mono is the ticket for me. I couldn't tell you have many hundreds, many even a thousand small nuggets I have found working, small bedrock type washes throughout Arizona.

For smaller coils, I sell more Joey Mono and DD Pro's than any other small coil.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Another little secret about the Joey coil for you guys riding the skunk. Every time I have been having a bad run of luck, you know 2 to 3 times out and no nuggets, I put the Joey back on.

Without fail, every time I do that, I end up with nuggets.

I was in Quartzsite, and nailed a nice 5.5 gram nugget using a a 14 inch coil. Then the rest of the day nothing. Next day I went back to the same spot with the Joey coil and WHAM, 3 feet away another 1 grammer I missed.

The Joey makes you slow down, but it also lets you get into places that larger coils can't go.

Doc

Archived