Can you see what I ran down?

• Admin

Hello All,

Curious if you can see the critter I ran down last weekend. I didn't think I was ever going to get the little gal to stop, but she eventually did and I got this shot of her. She ended up crawling up the hill up to several small cubs. Amazing critters .... :D

weekendhunt2011.JPG

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello All,

Yes, it's a Female Bobcat. If you can't see her, she is sitting on a rock center left in the picture. She has two kittens with her in the rocks above. I've seen many over the years, but never was able to get this close to one. Normally they are running away when you seen them.

I personally enjoy seeing animals like this in the wild.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Yes, it's a Female Bobcat. If you can't see her, she is sitting on a rock center left in the picture. She has two kittens with her in the rocks above. I've seen many over the years, but never was able to get this close to one. Normally they are running away when you seen them.

I personally enjoy seeing animals like this in the wild.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yup...female bobcat.

Males are spotted a lot more.

Females are made to blend in, Males are made to look pretty....kind of like me! ACK!!

Critters are fun to run into. :)

Gl up there tomarow!

Tom

I've had them sitting right in my front yard, so close you can see the fur tufts on their ears and the color of their eyes.

Even when you dont see them they leave signs. A few weeks back I walked out to my car and there in my yard was all the fur of a rabbit, but nothing else that is any part of a rabbit. Very efficient hunters, they are pretty rough on rabbits, mice and house cats in the area.

Chris

Hard to tell, Adam...The rock in front of the tail makes it kinda fuzzy, so to speak...We have a bob cat that shows up in our back yard in Wickenburg from time to time ... Mainly when we have been feeding a feral cat that we want to keep around for rodent control ... Also have a gila monster for mouse control, a herd of about 20 javalinas, a bunch of coyotes and a fox or two ... And we still have rodent problems, plus the occasional rattler ... Life in the big city sort of ... Cheers, Unc

I came across this cat ..way out in the middle of no where sniffing around my gear...I was told it was a regular cat though....Any thoughts??

Adam:

Im pretty sure its a young female Bobcat. Could be a young male...dont see much spotting though. Guess you could have grabbed it and taken a look on the underside! :o

The face it too round for a Mountain lion.

The streaks down the nose and the round face point to a bobcat.

Mountain lions have a face that is longer in the snout area, bigger nose, with no lines.

Tom.

blends in pretty good....wonder what kind of gold action is under them boulders

Heck, you know there ain't no gold there,,,Rob's just out on a photo shoot !!!! ;)

Good shot, Rob..

Thanks for the pictures guys--always interesting to see whats going on out there-

the last kitty looks like an 18lb tom cat I had years ago. He would take off for days at

at a time---just independant as hell. Neighbor would report seeing him several miles away

from base camp--could never figure him out.. think he may have ran into a coyote as he disapeared

and never saw hide nor hair of him again.

Archived