Found a hole

Hey all:
Went out today with the minelab. Found a bunch of bullets and such.
There has been gold found in the area.
What do you all think about digging this out? Would probably have to high bank it as it is moist....The hole below it has water in it.
It may have too much underground water to dig out?
The water comes in from the right and I imagine it would create a wirlpool effect in the hole. Then spills out into a bigger hole.
Its not just fine sand in the hole. Some good size rocks.
Dont know how deep it is:(
Just wondering what others would think or do.
P.S. Yah, it was hotter then blazes out there!
Tks
Tom

Gotta give you some props for going out in this weather. I could manage a hunt till about noon ,and that might be it. As for the hole, I wouldnt put to much faith in it. Maybe, dig it out when it cools down. Sort of save it for later if you will. I could see bigger pieces maybe getting trapped in there but the smaller stuff would blow out.

I'd dam the water up, open an Ice cold Beer, and sit in it :lol: before you know you could have a good party goin on.

Yah....a bacteria party! The water below it was gross!

Tom

Gotta give you some props for going out in this weather. I could manage a hunt till about noon ,and that might be it. As for the hole, I wouldnt put to much faith in it. Maybe, dig it out when it cools down. Sort of save it for later if you will. I could see bigger pieces maybe getting trapped in there but the smaller stuff would blow out.

Adam:

It only got hot around 2. Stinkin sweat kept getting all over my glasses and seemed like I couldnt get enough air :o Not too bad though.

Grew up out here....but it didnt seem as hot when I was a kid.

I kind of figured the hole might be a "blow out" Anything that does get in there would probably get ground to dust and spit out. Donno though.

May have to get some "home depot" help with a couple of cases of beer and take them up there to do some shoveling. :)

Tom

• Admin

Hey Tom,

If it's the area I think, which I believe it is from the looks, some good gold was found there. The area looks crappy, but seen some nice nuggets as large as 1/2 ounce in size found there. There was also some very good drywashing in that gulch and some of the surrounding ones.

Thanks for sharing.

Rob Allison

Archived