A Heart Felt Thank You

Some people may find this unnecessary, but it is something that I wanted to do.

From the beginning of my posting on this and other forums there have been many people who have offered their assistance, guidance, words of wisdom, and words of inspiration. I have felt very welcome and at home here and it puts a smile on my face to know that there are people out there that are still willing to help a stranger. So for that, I would like to take this opportunity to say a very sincere

THANK YOU

to everyone who has helped me during my time here.

There are some folks out there that I would like to give a special "shout out" too, for their continued assistance and patience in answering my newbie questions. Without you guys I don't know if I would have stuck with this hobby, and grown to love it, like I have.

Rob Allison

Doc

FlakMagnet

LuckyLundy

El Dorado

Chris Porter

Chris Ralph

Chris Gholson

Paul (I'm A Congress...Man)

Terry Mason

Dave Held

Terry Mason

Sandtrap

Jim Straight

Uncle Ron

Tom (Oldies1955)

AzOverland

Grubstake

FrankC

Hi Chris,

It's funny, I think I joined this forum in 2005 and I feel the same way you do.

My list of thank you's might be slightly different

but only because I would have even more people to thank.

Half the information I share with people is because someone took the time to inform me.

Most of the knowledge given out on these forums is hard-won,

but no matter how much reading and chatting we do,

the reason many people are generous with sharing their experience

comes out of respect that almost anyone deserves for simply getting out there and trying.

Gold hunting is not for sissies.

Knowledge is not worth much without taking the time and effort to put it to use.

Flak

Hi Chris,

It's funny, I think I joined this forum in 2005 and I feel the same way you do.

My list of thank you's might be slightly different

but only because I would have even more people to thank.

Half the information I share with people is because someone took the time to inform me.

Most of the knowledge given out on these forums is hard-won,

but no matter how much reading and chatting we do,

the reason many people are generous with sharing their experience

comes out of respect that almost anyone deserves for simply getting out there and trying.

Gold hunting is not for sissies.

Knowledge is not worth much without taking the time and effort to put it to use.

Flak

Flak,

I totally understand. There are a lot more people that helped me than just those listed above and I hope they understand that my gratitude to them was touched on in the first portion of the post. The names I listed, which you are a part of, are those that have regularly commented on or posted in my threads with advice and assistance. :D

As for the part of using the information....I most definitely do that...lol! I am out just about every day swinging my machine, trying the tricks and tips I have been given on the forums. It is definitely not for sissies. Sometimes when it is 110* outside and I'm standing in the middle of the desert sweating like a pig, I ask myself what the hell I'm doing out there! But in the end, I always have fun and I learn something new every time I go out.

Thanks again!!

Thanks for including me, JIM STRIAGHT, was and still is my Mentor. I read all his booksd, gained knowledge from him personally and by reading his books, Other than that, it has been earned the hardway, by making mistakes and learning from them. Lots of library time. and hit and miss's in the field. Thanks Chris Coffee. Grubstake

Hi Chris,

Nice post, we don't often see the sincerity you have shown over the last couple of months. You started out asking valid questions and showed that you are willing to learn and take the steps nessacary to become a succesful electronic prospector. Some people come to the forums and straight away ask for X marks the spot, take me to your patch, and get upset when people don't respond. I tend to ignore these types but as I said you seem to want to learn and not just have everything given to you. You have got answers to your questions from some of the best prospectors around and I think your sincerity is the reason.

As Flak said, I too have been helped by forum members in the past and can learn alot from just reading the different posts. I'm what you might call a lone wolf prospector, mainly hunting by myself or a few close, trusted friends. When I first started I went for about 6 months with nothing but trash to show but kept at it every weekend, Bill Southern was kind enough to take me out one day, it was at least 110 degrees, we did not find any gold but he told me I was doing everything right and just needed to get the coil over the right target. That was a huge confidence booster for me and I came home and found my first two nuggets the next trip out. Keep at it and you will also have your first nuggets soon, see ya next week.

Dave Held

Chris,

I want to slightly amplify on what Dave said.

Once you spend some time learning your machine, which you are doing now,

then it becomes a matter of believing you are doing everything right

and that when the coil goes over gold, you will find it.

If you are meeting Dave, I have no doubt you will be in good hands

and at the end of that day, you most likely will have the confidence to stay with it no-matter-what,

until one day, the coil will faintly sound off on what seems to be some weird ground noise,

or screams like another flippin nail.

But either way, you will dig it

and in your scoop

you will see your first gold

and all the effort and time spent learning and all the questions will have been worth it.

The doubts will vanish and you will start wanting to share what you have learned.

Flak

Hey some of the greatest joy in this hobby comes from helping other people. Any of use who have found gold probably were lucky enough to have someone teach us and mentor us, so we are just paying it forward.

Doc

Chris,

I want to slightly amplify on what Dave said.

Once you spend some time learning your machine, which you are doing now,

then it becomes a matter of believing you are doing everything right

and that when the coil goes over gold, you will find it.

If you are meeting Dave, I have no doubt you will be in good hands

and at the end of that day, you most likely will have the confidence to stay with it no-matter-what,

until one day, the coil will faintly sound off on what seems to be some weird ground noise,

or screams like another flippin nail.

But either way, you will dig it

and in your scoop

you will see your first gold

and all the effort and time spent learning and all the questions will have been worth it.

The doubts will vanish and you will start wanting to share what you have learned.

Flak

Hang in there Chris... you'll do just fine.

paul

Hey chris,boy you are well on your way to good fortune,getting started is the hard part.as bill southern told me it,s where you are on that learning curve that will put gold in your poke on a regular bases.john b. summed it up for me one night sitting by the camp fire at gold basin,the only way to be good at finding gold with a detector is having a good understanding of what your machine is telling you,and a proper swing,it's you know like being married....the rest is easy..looking foward to our get togeather. Terry......

Howdy Chris Coffee... Ol' jim straight here... Thanks for puttng me on the list... I'm with a bunch of heavy hitters. Everyone learns more from someone else... The list could expand to a million names.

GRUBSTAKE :lol::lol: in his post below mentions me... but he forgot to add the Minelab 2200d that he bought from me really works better for him than it ever did for me :blush::blink:

Well lets hope you knowledge went with it, when I traded the detector off Jim, I hated to part with it, but I up graded to the 5000, and the 2200 was just sitting since I had the 4000 anyway. a sign of the times out with the old in with the new. Grubstake

Yeh, by the way. I didn't sell the 2200sd, it was a trade. Someone got a great deal . I more than payed for that detector many times over with the gold it found me

Archived