Old Book.. Old Info

I received a book recently titled : "GOLD Nuggets of the World".. This book was given to me a year or two back as a gift.. It was published in 1940 by an old man who spent his whole life studying the allure and finds in the 'modern' world. Its full od jems.. lol It describes almost every nugget "on record" at the time that came out of California, Nevada, Alaska, South Africa and Austrailia. It lists all the old diggins in the motherloade... I was thinking of putting up a nugget find with its location description size, weight, location every week like in the book.. I can goo way back boys.. lol 1820s I think.. hahahah Just lemme know if that would be a good Idea..

There's some BS going on with the forums now using this forum provider to Rob, Bill,Rod and Chris ... They underscore certain words and provide links to advertising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sucks! Is this what the internet has gone to or can we back up to something that works fine and doesn't suck?

I received a book recently titled : "GOLD Nuggets of the World".. This book was given to me a year or two back as a gift.. It was published in 1940 by an old man who spent his whole life studying the allure and finds in the 'modern' world. Its full od jems.. lol It describes almost every nugget "on record" at the time that came out of California, Nevada, Alaska, South Africa and Austrailia. It lists all the old diggins in the motherloade... I was thinking of putting up a nugget find with its location description size, weight, location every week like in the book.. I can goo way back boys.. lol 1820s I think.. hahahah Just lemme know if that would be a good Idea..

I think it would be a good idea. It would give us some history lessons and its interesting.

Thanks

Tom

---"THE SIAMESE TWIN NUGGET, was uncovered by Franklin D. Smith in French Ravine, in Sierra County, California, in the year 1854. There were two nuggets, that were held togeather with a large ligament of gold, about a quarter of an inch in diameter. The larger nugget weighed 604 ounces and the smaller nugget weighed 180 ounces. When melted down, and sent to the mint at San Francisco, the total yield was $15,000."---- Hahah I got a bunch of these!

What would that be worth today?.. hmm Aprox $1,338,000

Hahah

Ugs

Keep them coming!

Gotta wait till tomorrow.. lol

Ugs

• Admin

Hello Ugbomb,

I used to own that book, which can still be found at Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com if anyone is looking for it. It's a very interesting book to say the least. Wish there was more info on Arizona gold nuggets, but I guess Arizona didn't product any huge nuggets like Alaska, California and Australia.

Looking foward to the next post by you about the next big gold nugget find!

Thanks for posting.

Rob Allison

I love this book.. Its a first edition too.. ;)

Archived