Christmas Ain't Everyday 1/2 OZR

I used to hear that adage from my father and relatives when I was a kid.

And came to live by it growin up.

I was on a 4 day hunt wed.-sat. and 1st day out wednesday it got to be around mid afternoon an HOT, shed my jacket an sweatshirt by noon.

Wearin a hat an snakechaps made it pretty warm also. I had dug my share of trash for a day including a few deep trash signals.

Sweatin in them holes fer sure by mid afternoon.

I deceided to resign myself to the fact "It ain't Christmas everyday". I was hoping for a dink for all the effort before I called it over for the 1st day.

But just about then at a great spot at the head of an island in the ditch where the wash split in two came a "weird" faint signal.

With a bunch of debris and many branches from bushes hanging over the area I figured ahh what the hell its probably a piece of twisted rusty crapola under the surface with a few hot rocks thrown in for good measure causing the distorted faint audio. I started clearing the overburden to be able to get the 16 inch coil in for a better swing at it. Sweats a commin back an I'm gettin tired its time to call it a day an head back to camp for refreshments an supper.

Well after clearing everything away and a few inches of wash material also I swing an ???? I am still gettin a distorted type of signal.

So now it gettin deeper the story an the hole.

Rocks are a plenty this just seemed to be a place where everything converged and built up then the water pressure dispersed dividing into 2 directions.

When I finally got down to what I found was caliche at 20 plus inches, after taking multiple swings checking the signal as the hole got deeper and wider to get the 16 into was this really beautiful piece that capped the 1st days sweating off with a little trophy.

The next 3 days were filled with a diggin an no grinnin. THE SKUNK was on my trail fer sure. And I found it wasn't Christmas on thurs. fri. or saturday either !!

post-417-0-35861900-1329069667_thumb.jpg

post-417-0-37339900-1329069681_thumb.jpg

post-417-0-04466500-1329069698_thumb.jpg

I used to hear that adage from my father and relatives when I was a kid.

And came to live by it growin up.

I was on a 4 day hunt wed.-sat. and 1st day out wednesday it got to be around mid afternoon an HOT, shed my jacket an sweatshirt by noon.

Wearin a hat an snakechaps made it pretty warm also. I had dug my share of trash for a day including a few deep trash signals.

Sweatin in them holes fer sure by mid afternoon.

I deceided to resign myself to the fact "It ain't Christmas everyday". I was hoping for a dink for all the effort before I called it over for the 1st day.

But just about then at a great spot at the head of an island in the ditch where the wash split in two came a "weird" faint signal.

With a bunch of debris and many branches from bushes hanging over the area I figured ahh what the hell its probably a piece of twisted rusty crapola under the surface with a few hot rocks thrown in for good measure causing the distorted faint audio. I started clearing the overburden to be able to get the 16 inch coil in for a better swing at it. Sweats a commin back an I'm gettin tired its time to call it a day an head back to camp for refreshments an supper.

Well after clearing everything away and a few inches of wash material also I swing an ???? I am still gettin a distorted type of signal.

So now it gettin deeper the story an the hole.

Rocks are a plenty this just seemed to be a place where everything converged and built up then the water pressure dispersed dividing into 2 directions.

When I finally got down to what I found was caliche at 20 plus inches, after taking multiple swings checking the signal as the hole got deeper and wider to get the 16 into was this really beautiful piece that capped the 1st days sweating off with a little trophy.

The next 3 days were filled with a diggin an no grinnin. THE SKUNK was on my trail fer sure. And I found it wasn't Christmas on thurs. fri. or saturday either !!

Holy Cow Frank!

Thats a really nice nugget. :)

Are you going to bring it to Rich hill for show and tell?

Tom H.

Hi Frank

WOW!!

One nugget like that, I could put up with several days

of the skunk. Sure beats working in the shop.

Congrats on finding a specimen to be proud of.

Regards

Herb

Archived