DIY Trommel on a Shoe String Budget!

i'm gonna add water hose fitting in the end of the crank and make the axle a spray bar

i'm gonna add water hose fitting in the end of the crank and make the axle a spray bar

I think that will work! It would need a valve to control water flow so that when the axle rotates it doesn't spray out the top of the trommel's screen or the hopper. Great idea ........ post a pic when you get it running.

Cheers,

Mike

A simple garden hose union would do it,,i think,,,

LOLOL i thought about the water spraying out the top as i was riding down the road today,,,i wondered how long it would take for someone to catchthat!!!hahaha

nothing gets by this crew!

• 1 month later...

After careful consideration here's the plan.......... replace the bottom bearing with the same four-way as the top. Plug the top of the axle near the coupling, plug both sides of the lower four-way so water doesn't leak. Use a PVC reducer with a regular hose bib on the outer four-way................ no need for swivel fitting and it has water flow control to boot! Drill adequate holes in axle for water spray towards top of the trommel and add spray shield of 1/2 cut length of 2 1/2" PVC tubing suspended over the hopper part of the axle. Those picky about water drip can implement an O-ring to the bottom axle/bearing connection. Add your sluice and recirculator. Waaaaaallllllla! You have the shoestring budget highbanker/recirculating sluice.

What fun!

Archived