Garbage and Gold

Hey all:

Well....got out today to do some detecting and exploring.

Found a .6 grammer in a area I had found a biddy one before...DOH! I missed this one!

Gridded the area real good this time. Too hot to dig it out.

Did some exploring on the quad and beat myself up. Think I need a motorcycle for exploring, highcentered twice had to drag the quad off and my arms look like I was in a knife fight.

Ran into 6 javalina. Think they scared me more then I scared them.

Came around a corner and all I see are brown rodents flying all over...trying to get inbetween the wall of the wash and my quad. I threw my leg over the tank so they couldnt take a nip at me if they felt like it.

Good day out..got blessed with some gold and lost 5 lbs from sweating!

Still trying to figure out how a roofing nail got 3/4 mile up a wash??????

Tom H.

Nice piece of gold there Tom.......Guess we cant find nuggets if`n were not out looking for em. B) I was stuck at home today and didnt beep up anything :D

Roofing nails are spread throughout the remote deserts by ancient tornado`s ^_^

I just got a motorcycle cause my Jeep is broken down...got a Honda CRF250X and made it street legal. Love the damn thing, so light. So I'll be hitting the desert and hills on a bike for awhile till my Jeep part gets in. Got to admit I'm more worried about wipping out and damaging the 5000 then bustin my ass......Always enjoy your posts and finds

Got to admit I'm more worried about wipping out and damaging the 5000 then bustin my ass......Always enjoy your posts and finds

Az.......... take the lower shaft out and strap them both to your chest....then when you go doing the flying W you can wrap yourself around it and absorb all the punishment :) :0

If I get a bike im going to strap it to my back...heck im not hot rodding around in the hills. I can always dump the bike if I fall and replace levers a lot cheaper then metal detectors.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Nice find along with a handful of rubbish. Managed to get a couple of GPX 5000 customers into the field today and done a bit of beeping also. Both customers scored and I scored a nice 4.5 Dwter.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Tom - trying to load it all up today....a digging pick is a hell of a thing to haul around on a bike....

I think I would put that on the top of your helmet!!!

No use in stabbing yourself if you go down :)

Tom H

Nice find along with a handful of rubbish. Managed to get a couple of GPX 5000 customers into the field today and done a bit of beeping also. Both customers scored and I scored a nice 4.5 Dwter.

Yo Rob:

Good to hear your customers got some yellow. :))))

Rubbish is good...lets you know your in the right spot...specialy the small bullet fragments deep in bedrock. :)

Glad to see you got out and found some gold! :)

Will get with you in the future on the coil.

I scored a nice 4.5 Dwter...............Now that is sweet!!!!!

Cant you least give us a pic so we can drool????

Taker easy.

Tom H.

Archived