Our day out

Welp.

The itch got too great and Dad and I decided to go out today.

There has been a lot of storm activity in the last few weeks in this area and I have found gold in this wash before.

We got there by 6 am and to our dismay, the wash still looked the same...just wet. :(

Wasnt too bad for the first few hours but then it got steamy!

Hit the wash with my big coil hoping I had missed a nug or two down deep. Noop...Did some patch hunting on the sides of the hill where I think the vein that was in the creek may have run up....noop.

We moved on to another wash in the area and came up empty on that one too. Thought I had one with a nice mellow sound in the bedrock but it was a bullet fragment. Dern it.

We did some exploring for new areas and then pulled out around noon.

When your dripping 3 and 4 drops of sweat at a time....its time to go home to the A/C!!!

Least we got out. :)

Tom H.

Sounds like fun Tom, I havent got the chance to even go exploring. Bet the next trip will yield some yellow for you guys good luck!

Justin

Sounds like fun Tom, I havent got the chance to even go exploring. Bet the next trip will yield some yellow for you guys good luck!

Justin

I made some yellow...it was by the truck in a puddle. :P

It was just good to get out.

Tom H.

Hey Tom

I'll bet it was nasty today.I've been going around Palace Station and the three days I went this week were nice . Truck temp never got over 80 I know what you mean.It was good to get out.Sorry for the skunk but it happes to most of us.I'm going to send you an email to cheer ya up.

Mike

Getting out prospecting is better than sitting at home!

Hey Matt I was over at Lotus in may looking for a piece of that meteorite.Has anything been found recently.

Mike

Hey Matt I was over at Lotus in may looking for a piece of that meteorite.Has anything been found recently.

Mike

I'm sure more have been found. I only hunted them for a couple days right after the fall. It was sure fun and I got to meet quite a few nice people, some of them forum members. Would have been nice to meet you out there as well! I heard the sonic boom loud and clear. It sounded like dynamite.

Archived