Bradshaw Gold

Very nice! Glad you got them. :)

Those are some sweet hammerd nugs for sure.

Hope you find more in that area. Was it with a detector....or dredging?

Tom H.

Very nice! Glad you got them. :)

Those are some sweet hammerd nugs for sure.

Hope you find more in that area. Was it with a detector....or dredging?

Tom H.

I was using a GP 3000 Minelab detector, with a Coiltek Joey coil. The 4 small ones where on bedrock, but the large one was just under a "riffle of stacked up rocks about 6" down. Total weight was 2.20 Grams

Gary

I was using a GP 3000 Minelab detector, with a Coiltek Joey coil. The 4 small ones where on bedrock, but the large one was just under a "riffle of stacked up rocks about 6" down. Total weight was 2.20 Grams

Gary

Sweet..........

Good finds for one day :)

I went out today and found a bunch of "sore".....

Will sleep well tonight in my bed of skunk humility.

Tom H.

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR COMENTS. I found all of these nuggets in a wash that's just a little different than most. I found the 4-smaller ones at different locations in the wash, right down on exposed bedrock, (which is typical) where the force of the water had "scowered" the bedrock clean. But the big one was different. I found this one, (and other big ones in the past) in the same wash that weren't even close to bedrock. All these where lodged up under (what I call) "riffle-rock", which is where large rocks of various sizes are stopped for some reason causing other rocks to pile-up behind them. Because of the force and dynamics of the water, this creates a vacuum or suction just below the drop from the riffle-rock, and sucks heavier objects such as lead and Gold straight down, while lighter objects just fly right over and on down stream to end up in a sand bar. This may sound familiar, as this is the same situation that is created in a sluice box. This wash is also a little different in that I found all of the bigger nuggets within 10-20 ft down-stream of a waterfall, where usually you might find them up-stream of the fall where the water slows enough for the heavier gold to drop out. So, it's always a good idea to "Attempt-to" "Read-a-wash" to try to figure out the unique dinamics of it, then you will have a better idea of how to utilize your time there, ...and walk with more Gold, and less Skunk.

Happy Hunting,

Gary

post-803-0-88606900-1358911810_thumb.jpg