Kite Patch - Stops Mosquito Bites

Hey Rob I almost posted on your other thred when Ron brought up fabric softner sheets to repell bugs.

Bugs have really been a thorn in my side for years and have kept me out of certain areas during the summer.

Well I can tell you all this much a friend and I have been working on a repellant without DEET. so far it works pretty well but as with other repellents the it only lasts about two to three hours because of evaporation..we are working on it. what is funny is one of the working ingredients is also in Listerene. so the only side effect so far is you smell like mouth wash.
The kite patch uses vitimin B1 in the form of a Transdermal patch that works the same way as a (Nicotine Transdermal Patch). and B1 vitamin has been known for years to help repell bugs.

you can do the same thing eating B1 vitamin pills. If you dont like choking down horse size pills the patch may be the way to go.

So at this point if you dont mind smelling "outdoor fresh" or "minty clean" you can repell bugs without using Deet. :D

AzNuggetBob

Ok...im gonna chime in on this one...

At work we have a lot of skeeters biting everyone. At home my poor wife is a skeeter magnet.

I just dont get bit that much. Once or twice a week.

Ive read in the past that if you eat a lot of garlic.........it helps. I LOVE garlic and eat it all the time.

Just sompen to think about.
Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

I have heard that also. I try, even in the Summer seasons to wear a long sleeved shirt, baseball cap, neck cover, snake gaitors and gloves. At times it freaking hot wearing this stuff, but it's more for overall protection from the bugs and UVA & UVB rays. I've always had them damn Mosquitoes bite me on the neck, hands or arms, so as long as I can keep those spots covered I'm pretty good.

However, around the campfire at night, most aren't wearing all this crap and this is normally when you will get bitten to hell and back.

Just my thoughts,

Rob Allison

This what I get out if I'm on some good gold and the bugs are bad. Its a two piece pull over camo net bug suit by Northwest Territories. It breathes but is hot if the wind is not blowing. It is light mesh and wads up into a small waist pouch so you can carry it all the time.

AzNuggetBob

post-1452-0-81934600-1375631864_thumb.jp

You All Don't KnOw What skeeters Are Down There....

I Had To Shoot One With My 10Mm The Other Day While I Was Out Digging...

He Was Dragging Off My Pick..... I Guess He Was Going To Use It To Stun Me Before He Drained Me...Lolol

100 Per Cent DEET...THAT'S WHAT WORKS....I CAN'T FEEL MY HANDS ANYMORE, BUT I DON'T GET BIT :-)

• 2 weeks later...