Cool Find!

Here's a cool find from this last weekend. It's a hand forged crevicing tool. Probably dates from the 1930's judging by the condition but made by a good blacksmith. It wasn't buried, just covered by layers of pine needles between two trees.

This was during a group hunt at a hydraulic pit in the Sierras. Also a few little flakes I found with my Goldmaster. It's been awhile since I've been able to get out and snag more than one.

Digger Bob

post-73-0-29843400-1380745183_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-12949500-1380745206_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-51428700-1380745228_thumb.jpg

I found a hand made crevicing tool also.. But nothing that nice. lol

Thanks Rob. It's been a bit of a rough couple of years for me. Last summer I flipped my quad over onto myself which put me out of contention for the rest of the year. Then this year, knee surgery, family illness, and work has kept me close to home. Hopefully all that is behind me now, although I think the other knee is going to have go under the knife soon. But, I've been researching some new areas and hope to get some low land gold this winter.

I'll post whenever I can.

Digger Bob

Hey Digger,

I had heard that you had a bad accident with your quad, so sorry to hear of it, and hope you will continue to mend properly. Those add on surgery issues and family illnesses, are certainly not something that resolve themselves quickly. Similar issues have put a halt to the fun stuff for me as well, seems more every year.

I still see you in my minds eye detecting low and slow down the slopes of that long wash, not far from the memorial at RP, back when. I think that was the last time we chatted, too long ago, in fact.

Take care, I have enjoyed reading your website on your many past finds.

Gary/Boise

Well, actually, I'm about to go back to that wash, and a few others, this coming weekend, weather permitting. I haven't been back there in a couple years so hoping I missed a few. Most of those old hot spots I knew have been scraped and raped so I need to find another one. Maybe see you there next year!

Digger Bob

Yes, that place has been hit so hard for so many years, it is tough to scare up even a small bit.

I bought a 8 in Commander coil, for desperation purposes, can find a dink once in a while to put in the bottle...

It is good therapy, however, to get out and swing that machine, and think about nothing else but the next good signal.

I suspect you will have a visitor aka Crystal John/Pegleg John. Tell him hello for me. I always camp by the "Y" on that ridge as it provides a good view of the countryside.

Best wishes to you!

LARGO

• Admin

Hey Bob,

I heard something about you flipping a quad. I've almost done that a time or two, luckily I was able to pull it back over. My partner several years ago rolled his quad off a hillside after hitting a large rock in the road that he didn't see. He rolled down about 100 yards, through cactus and brush and even over a rattlesnake (no BS). He managed to survive the deal, coming away with a scratched eye, bumps and bruises. I was there when it happened, scared the shit out of me, as I thought he was dead.

Well, sorry to hear about the hardships. Sounds like you're back on your feet now. Hope you're able to get back out there soon and finds some nice nuggets to forget about some of those tough times.

All my thoughts, prayers and even a bit of luck to you!

Rob Allison