Skunk Buster Today :)

Hey all:
Well, the weather was perfect the moon was full, all the stars were aligned....and dad and I got out!

On the way in we spooked a owl that kept flying about a foot off the ground in front of us. He finally landed and I was able to get a pic of him. The eyes are peircing to say the least.
Hit a old placer mine and did some detecting up some washes around it. Got a nice cache of lead and mining artifacts. :) I scooped up 4 buckets of dirt out of thier pile they were processing and found out why they shut down....one measly flake after running it through the trommel tonight, and some more lead!

Hit another area and didnt find anything.

Went back to an area we got a nice string of small nugs out of last year but have not hit it since the monsoon flood. Welp....it gave us a couple of nice little guys!
YEHAAAAA...............We finally busted the skunk! :)

It was really nice juicy bedrock......nice shist, iron dikes, quarts dikes....ironstone. Just the right mix.

It was a great day out, weather was nice and the good Lord blessed us with gold and seeing a kritter.

Cant ask for much more then that.

.9 gram.....paid for the gas!

Tom H.

Nice bird. Nice nugget. I have to note that one of the things about Great Horned Owls is that they eat skunks - they have evolved to where they do not mind the smell (I'm not making this up). So I guess the GHO ate the skunk for you. Now I've just gotta find me one of those owls for this weekend...