Small Weekend Finds, but still Fun!!

• Admin

Hello All,

Saturday a partner and I spent the entire day exploring some new country. We drove over 100 miles on the backroads, stopping at various spots and swinging for an hour or so. The first 2-3 spots didn't look great, no working, mines or prospects that we seen. Later in the afternoon, we stopped at an area that has some strange colored geology and figured we would give it a whirl. Not more than about 15 minutes I found a small 1/2 Dwt nugget in a small drainage. Later, found another piece around 1 Dwt (shown on the left of the coil). Nothing to exciting, but did find some gold in new spot, not sure what the surrounding area might hold.

Both of these nuggets before I dug them, we checked with the Garrett ATX. The smaller nugget was only down around 5 inches and the ATX hear it. The second piece was about 10 inches, the ATX couldn't hear it, but GPX heard it well.

Sunday I escaped for a few hours in the morning. I hunted for a few hours with the Minelab GPX 5000 and scored two small pieces, one was .3 Dwt's and 1.0 Dwt's (on the right of the coil).

No big payday, but it was fun exploring some new country.

Nice on the gold Rob and thanks for the comparison on the atx!!

I hit 3 pcs for a total of .7 grams today with the gpx5000 and it was with the stock mono coil.

Just saying I am impressed with the sensitivity of the big 11" coil, the pcs were .1, .2 and .4gram pcs

Nice :)

Good to hear you out detecting new areas...and finding gold!
Tom H.