Some of the gold I've found this summer

Been a while since I posted here, so thought I would share a few pics of some of the gold I've been fortunate enough to get my coil over this summer. Its a case of get up early and pack up around lunch time to beat the heat, quite often its too hot well before lunch time comes so to cure that I sometimes have an early lunch :P

6gram_zps9979faf7.jpg 15gram_zpse832957f.jpg

Tim_again_zps23f46604.jpg eee7453b-ba1b-4e18-9f38-c07b42848de8_zps

• Admin

Hey JP,

Always great to see your pictures and hear about your stories from the other side of the pond. I sure wish you would post here more often, you're an icon in this hobby of metal detecting for gold. Wow, your Son sure has grown. Now you have more than one detector swinging at the same time, which means more potential for finding patches.

Pretty damn awesome. Hope to see more pictures and read more about your families adventures.

Your friend,

Rob Allison

G'day Jonathan, glad to see you posting here. Boy how time flys; hard to believe ten years + have gone by since meeting you at Rich Hill here in AZ. Looking at your photos, You don't see to have changed much, but those boys have certainly grown up. My oldest, whom you met when he was 7 (the one with the "push bike" as you called it) is graduating high school and will be 18 this year.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for all the great advise and inspiration over the years.

Later...Jim P.

Wow that pics a blast from the past Rob, from memory it was bitterly cold when it was taken which would explain all the pocket pool that was going on!! :)

AzNuggetBob, your spot on, it was two ounces of high purity gold (94%+ pure).

Thanks everyone for the replies, I keep pretty quiet these days but am still living the dream. :wub:

JP

• Admin

Hey JP,

Yes, it was very cold that weekend. It was great to have you out to Arizona, as many people were excited to meet you in person.

I know you're hunting hard, but we sure would love to hear more about your experiences, short stories and finds if possible. I try to encourage as many people as possible to contribute and just put real general information. Most are interested in seeing the gold, rather than trying to figure out where someone is hunting (there are a small percentage of those guys though). :ph34r:

Hey JP thanks for reply on the weight of that nugget,that is one beauty of a nugget. just wondering a little off topic but are you field testing the new Minelab SDC 2300. I understand if you cant reply just yet, but I am looking forward to your review of it. :) AzNuggetBob