First Nugget!!!

Well, I have been super busy with life since my first find a couple weeks ago and am just now getting a chance to post it up here.

Back on the weekend of the 7th I got invited to go with Tom H. and Old Tom detecting down at LSD.

The first day we went to a spot that was new to Tom and didn't have any luck but it was good time exploring around.

The second day BoulderDash meet up with us and we all went to a spot that was new to everybody. After a few hours of poking around none of us were feeling it and BoulderDash being the gracious guy that he is offered to take us over to a wash were he had found gold in the past.

So we get there and BD goes right to it with his GB2 placering out gravel and detecting bedrock. He scored some nice pieces! B)

We spent the rest of the day in that wash and I had only found some trash. Late in the afternoon the Tom's and I were getting tired and decided to get heading back and call it a weekend. So we went down the wash to were BD was working and hung aroung him for a little bit goofing around with the detectors.

About ten feet up from were BD was working I noticed a boulder sitting up on a small bench on an inside corner just a couple feet up out of the wash. I told the guys I am going to flip over that boulder and check it out. I had spent the day flipping boulders and dead cactus and actually think it is quite fun to do. :)

Low and behold I got a nice signal right in front of were that boulder was sitting. Scraped away some dirt and it got louder. Fully expecting to find more trash I ripped the ground up and Bingo!! A real nice little nugget pops out in plain sight! :D :D :D :D I didn't even need my scoop to locate it. It was sitting right on bedrock about four inches down.

What a great feeling to pull gold right out of the ground like that!! I still can't believe it!!

Thank you so much to the Tom's and BoulderDash for taking me out. It was a great weekend and I can't wait to do it again sometime!

post-66286-0-07203900-1392926776_thumb.j

Here is a link to the video Tom shot right after I found it

Thanks again you guys!!

Hey dirty, yes I have enjoyed reading your posts and have an appreciation for your perseverance. I have been crossing my fingers for you for a while now...I did not have much time to reply earlier, but I am glad to see you got one!! Was it surreal when you first saw it??? I love that moment!! Good luck all! Matt

Good stuff AlwaysDirty, well done. I used to flip big rocks and boulders too years ago, I found gold doing it sometimes too. For some reason I don't do that much now. Got lazy I guess.

Your infected now you know, the bug, there's no antidote either ;)

Hey dirty, yes I have enjoyed reading your posts and have an appreciation for your perseverance. I have been crossing my fingers for you for a while now...I did not have much time to reply earlier, but I am glad to see you got one!! Was it surreal when you first saw it??? I love that moment!! Good luck all! Matt

Hey Matt, Yes, it was pretty unreal finding that. Especially right in front of those three guys! I slapped myself to make sure it wasn't a dream. Good luck to you as well!! Shay

Way to go Alwaysdirty. Nice chunky nugget. also nice of BoulderDash and Tom to share some ground. :) AzNuggetBob

Ya Bob, I lucked out finding a beauty like that my first time. I can't thank those guys enough for being so nice to me.

That's a sweet feeling, it never gets old popping nuggs out of the ground. Great job AD! :D

Thanks Man! It was quite the experiance!

Good stuff AlwaysDirty, well done. I used to flip big rocks and boulders too years ago, I found gold doing it sometimes too. For some reason I don't do that much now. Got lazy I guess.

Your infected now you know, the bug, there's no antidote either ;)

Thats no joke Roo. I still take it out and look at it everyday. If there were an antidote, I don't want it!

My new thing is going to be moving boulders and placering down benches to try and find those missed pieces out there.

I had my first bit mounted/set in some marine gell coat. The guy did it for me, only half a g, by pouring some about a few mill thick, gell coat mixed with black pigment into the bottom of a film canister, camera one, let it dry, then another maybe inch of clear, let it almost dry, then placed the bit of gold on it and poured some more gell coat. But then set the container on a bit of an angle so you could view it. It looks great done that way. Ill post a pic of it how it looks later on. Gives it that wet all the time look about it.

• Admin

Hey Alwaysdirty,

Congrats on your first nugget find. That is a great group of guys you're prospecting with. It always seems as if the first is a confidence booster, so now the 2nd, 3rd and such should come much quicker. Hope to see those nuggets posted on the forums soon enough.

Good luck,

Rob Allison

• 2 weeks later...