Father's Day is Every Day!

Over the years I've dug up some special Holiday nuggets! I seem to remember these nuggets more so and today was no exception. Father's Day or most any special day, I'm always in charge of the grill for the meal of the day. I wanted to spend a little Dad time with myself, before I started cooking and sipping a cold one. So I hit the trail, to our Flat Nugget Patch...we've never found a chunky nugget on this patch hence the name. I found a couple of a typical nuggets and ran across this iffy sounding boomer. I was digging down about 5" and said man is this ground hard as a rock! Well it was rock, shallow bedrock and I thought to myself a perfect back stop for a bullet. I scraped the bedrock off and them swung over it with my coil, out of the hole, I check the pile bang, bang. As big as this target sounded, I finally got it in my scoop the third time and it caught my eye sticking out in the dirt in the scoop. A Flat Fat Daddy for Daddy! Happy Father's Day and Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

post-10733-0-77260000-1402855370_thumb.j

• Admin

Hey Lucky,

Great finds on Father's Day. I told myself I was going to get out this weekend, but never managed to do it. Congrats on the finds!

On another note, had a gold scale just like yours for years. That was one of my favorite scales and pretty much wore it out. I see you have just about wore the power button off the damn thing. That being said, with all the nuggets your finding, just leave the power on! :P

Rob,

This poor scale has been through the ringer! I bet it's over 20 years old and it's starting to act up. Have to push a button or two twice to get her going...I'll be looking for another soon enough. Hope it serves me as well as this one! Talk soon

LuckyLundy

NIce Gold!!!
Thats a really good piece. :)
Got a spot here in AZ that gives out the flat stuff your finding also.

Guess it has to to with the host rock.

Mine is a soft shist..........flat, fat, chunky or round...Ill take em :)
Tom H.

The little Dad time. . . did you right. Father's Day dinner probably really tasted great after those finds. Congrats on keeping your Holiday tradition going.

I managed to get out as well and hiked into a ravine and found a hand stacked pile of rocks by some old diggings that had no evidence of being messed with. When I got a signal over the rock pile I thought they had buried something there. I found two old style tobacco cans. They used them to probably hold a claim or note as both cans had nails in the bottom to where they had nailed them to a stake.

No gold to be had this time -- but fun none-the-less.

Hope all dads had a great weekend with family! ! !