Just Detecting

I know how everyone in the desert areas wait for the hot weather to cool down so they can get out and detect. Sunday looked like 35 degrees so I decided to take my lucky nugget hunting dog and my GPZ out for a walk. We hiked 2.5 miles in hoping to find a hill side with no snow to just detect. It is extremely tough to swing the heavy GPZ with snow building up on top of the coil. Anyway I did prevail and only a few people would understand the reward of one or two tiny nuggets out weighs the $ factor for gas and time spent just to find what I did. If you look close on the coil you can see a small nugget found through 3 inches of snow and 8 inches of frozen ground.

post-72061-0-48691200-1449537943_thumb.j

post-72061-0-88048100-1449537969_thumb.j

Congrats on the gold! :)

That looks way too cold for me.
Especially when you say "frozen ground"
Good luck to you in the future.
Tom H.

There is still snow and more storms on the way here but I decided to get out some more today. I found both these for a total of 6.10 DWT. Not too bad for a winter day. The biggest nugget was under some roots and I had to decide if it was a target or the roots acting as a signal. Pretty darn good stuff when the signal became clear. One side note , I used to crack coils on my old GP in cold weather and this GPZ seems to be holding up well.

post-72061-0-81745900-1450057490_thumb.j

post-72061-0-34303700-1450057534_thumb.j

OH heck yah!!! WTG!!!

those are some nice slugs you got.

Your on it...don't freeze you fingers off and get a lot this coming summer.
Tom H.