Hello;  moving to AZ.  Looking seriously at a house E of St. David.  I've hunted the N. AZ area a lot but not familiar with the south.   Any deposits  around the Cochise Co.  area? Any help would be appreciated   Bob

Thanks   Sounds like the areas AU is tied up in Sulfide's and Copper.  I own Fault Line Geophysics  in NV  we do  a lot of XRF  on core samples.    I want to totally retire and just hunt nuggets with my GB and GPZ   Guess I need to start house hunting farther North.    I used to spend a lot of time in the Rich Hill area years ago.  I hear Maricoppa Co has to many restrictions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hey Bjretired,

The district shows only about 1,000 ounces of placer gold found, but sometimes these smaller districts can hold the best potential.   They are less hunted, so more potential for virgin ground for metal detecting.  I have a friend, lost contact with him that hunted gold nuggets around Sierra Vista and Bisbee area.  There is gold nuggets in the area, but spotty like all other areas.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 7:19 AM, bjretired said:

Hello;  moving to AZ.  Looking seriously at a house E of St. David.  I've hunted the N. AZ area a lot but not familiar with the south.   Any deposits  around the Cochise Co.  area? Any help would be appreciated   Bob

Greaterville is a short drive still has good gold.

Edited by way2cool

Thanks  for all the impute.  I did it, I bought a house on eight acres in Yarnell.  Haven't done a lot of hunting  around Rich Hill in years, since the old 21K club years ago.   Gonna have to learn the area all over again.    Hope to meet up with you guys soon    bob

• Like 1