New Sun Ray Pro Gold "Universal" Headphones

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Here is the new Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones that will work on all 1/4" standard detectors and all the 1/8" detectors like the Minelab Equinox or Minelab Gold Monster 1000.  Pretty slick idea that Sun Ray had with these.  All the info, pictures and order link below -

NEW GENERATION Truly Universal!!

SUN RAY PRO GOLD UNIVERSAL HEADPHONES 1/8″ (Previously Known as CTX3030)
New: “Lock’em Up” LIMITER  – Yellow- ON is Down position – OFF is Up position.
New: “Lock’em Up” Mode – Black  (detector compatibility Mono/Stereo/CTX 3030 & Equinox, Others)
All the same features and detector model compatibility as the Sun Ray Pro Gold original version except now is compatible with all Minelab, most other brand detectors. And shut down it’s external detector speaker.  The Sun Ray Pro “Gold” Universal version is manufactured according to the same following specifications as the original version:
  • Dual multi position “segmented or detent” volume controls with Black & “RED” knob to differentiate between the original model and the Universal model!
  • New “three position” Mode Selector Switch (black) makes the new Sun Ray Pros compatible with most metal detectors including the Minelab.
  • High output 150 ohm (nominal impedance) speaker elements which are certified as hearing aid compatible and are sensitive enough to pick up even the faintest of signals. Aluminum case construction with polymer cones for moisture and sweat protection.
  • Dual multi position “segmented or detent” volume controls.
  • Enhanced Limiter Circuit with on/off switch (yellow). (For more pronounced reduction in loud blasts from surface targets, while allowing the faintest of signal responses to be clearly heard. Limiter results will vary from one detector model to another. Limiter circuit is not applicable with the CTX 3030,Equinox)
  • NEW “Lock’em Up” Toggle switch keep your selection in place.
  • “New” comfortable, lightweight dual swivel point ear cups with all “new” soft leather muffs.
  • Adjustable leather headband.
  • Custom engineered coiled cable for more dependability and longer life!
The new foam padded soft leather muffs are not only more comfortable than the earlier vinyl muffs, they do not develop a “memory”.  They conform to the shape of your head around your ears when worn and when taken off return to their original shape! Vinyl which normally has a life expectancy of (3) three years can get harder with time and the elements, which can cause a less comfortable fit as well as a noticeable increase in ambient (outside) noise. The former version of the  Sun Ray Pros yield a 24 decibel reduction in ambient noise blocking ability when new. The new Sun Ray Pro “Gold” version yields a 26 decibel reduction in ambient noise blocking ability and continues to block that noise day in and day out, year in and year out because they stay soft and comfortable!

Here are some of the new features of the new cable:
  • New polyurethane jacket for better memory retention of coils vs. the previous PVC cable!
  • More than 3X the number of copper strands (than previous cable) for more resistance to breakage!
  • New cable coil is 20″ retracted vs 13″ on previous cable.
  • Overall length of new cable is 38″. Extended length approx. 24″ longer than previous cable!
  • New “multidirectional” strain relief flex vs 2 directional on previous cable!
  • New cable jacket inserts fully into 1/8″ molded, right angle plug vs previous cable.
  • EXTERNAL STRAIN RELIEF and 1/8″ threaded right angle, molded GOLD PLATED PLUG!
  • New 1/4 Threaded adapt for a positive fit and added strength.
The Sun Ray Pros will deliver a crisp audio response with volume to spare!

NEW HP.jpg

20210520_104556.jpg

20210520_104935 (1).jpg

20210520_104935 (1) (1).jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I just got me the new Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones from Rob and they are well made! On each side the volume dial as you turn it you can feel it click so whenever you set it it’s going to stay. The two toggle switches you have to pull up if you want to change the settings. You don’t have to worry about knocking one off where you had it .

My ears look like a taxi  cab coming down the street with both doors open but yet my ears fit comfortably inside each headphone without smashing my ears. They fit well over my head but not to the point your head feels like one big pimple and I’ve had some just that way.

Having two plugs in one is great and being the 1/4” screws over the 1/8” plug is something I’ve never seen before.

Like I said I just got them but I will get back with you on the quality in relationship to the sound of them .

If the sound is anything like the service I got from Rob when I ordered them then it has to be great.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Well I’m happy to report I’m more than pleased with my new Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones. The word universal comes in because you have the 1/8” plug with the 1/4” that screws down over the other.

I have two detectors that came with pig tails that I’m going to use the headphones with. The one I was testing the headphones with needs the 1/8” plug and the other needs the 1/4” plug. So you can see I have the best of both worlds in one headphone.

AECDB9CD-0E51-48E7-A3D6-8303308BC728.jpeg.0cdade0564ae4cbfdc2470cedbb4634a.jpeg

I came to the conclusion the reason it’s called a pig tail because it’s short like one.

To me just one of the great thing about these headphones is you have a  volume control for each ear. For myself I know my hearing is not as good in my right ear as the left one. The right one is the one I turn to my wife when I know she’s about to say something.

To start out I have both sides turned off. I had a coin waving across the coil while at the same time turning the volume up just on the right side. When I had what I’d call a comfortable level while detecting the coin I stopped. Now I left the volume on in the right while turning up the volume to the left ear. When it got to the point that sound sounded balance while detecting the coin I stopped.

I found the sound was crystal clear with all the volume anyone would ever need . You can see in the picture below that I have the pig tail anchored to the shaft . My reasoning for doing this is so not to be pulling on the pig tail being the flexible cable on the headphones can take more of a beating than the pig tail ever could.

The last picture just shows the headphones plugged in.

I believe my money was well spent due to the fact you can see they didn’t cut corners when making them and having a life time warranty says a lot for the product.

Chuck 

3BA0C55A-9775-4734-87A9-DBA1408B89D7.thumb.jpeg.29d7fc295fdde88c140d8ac689cfd114.jpeg

512CA3CE-9AA3-4789-988E-808CF5BEFCCB.jpeg

• 1 month later...