Epic start of the season for me!

Went out today for the first time in about 5 months. WOW! What a awesome day! Just under 9 grams in 3 hrs. I hiked 3/4 mile up pizza wash and within 5 min I got the big one. It kept reversing the signal so I was not sure. I guess its just so solid it does that. The big one is 5 grams. Got the other two a little farther down the wash. Its always a good feeling when your digging and you get down to the red hard pack and then hit bedrock and the signal is still there.  Good Lord really blessed me today :)
  But, my legs are shot! Need to get back in shape from the summer hibernation. 

SAM_4386.JPG

SAM_4387.JPG

Edited by oldies1955
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, AZNuggetBob said:

Great finds Tom. Great way to start the new season. Last time I hunted and tried to keep up with you I had to recover for several days. Lol

AzNuggetBob

Thanks Bob. Yah I remember that day. Now its my turn to take days to recover :) But.....im still going to get out! 
Tom H. 

Thanks Tom for taking me on that adventure. I really had a blast hunting that area. It was a little out of season for me back then. Still coming out of 110 heat. But at least we didn't get skunked. 😃 AzNuggetBob

Edited by AZNuggetBob
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hey Tom and Bob,

It would be cool, since the weather is now much cooler, to try to meet up for a hunt.  I know Dennis would love to join, we could get 4 or 5 of us together for a day hunt somewhere.  It would be cool to catch up, shoot the shit and do a bit of detecting.  If we find gold cool, if not, the real treasure would be the catch up of old friends on the goldfields.  

Rob

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:11 PM, oldies1955 said:

Went out today for the first time in about 5 months. WOW! What a awesome day! Just under 9 grams in 3 hrs. I hiked 3/4 mile up pizza wash and within 5 min I got the big one. It kept reversing the signal so I was not sure. I guess its just so solid it does that. The big one is 5 grams. Got the other two a little farther down the wash. Its always a good feeling when your digging and you get down to the red hard pack and then hit bedrock and the signal is still there.  Good Lord really blessed me today :)

But, my legs are shot! Need to get back in shape from the summer hibernation. 

Hey Tom, nice work!  That gold is beautiful.  I'm glad you are still getting on out there!  Wish I could see you guys when camping, and tell stories around the fire.  But I guess meet ups still won't happen for a while.  Well, keep the gold coming!