Production of COILTEK Platypus Coil delayed due to US Tester

I won't mention his name (Rob), but a certain person in the U.S. was given the new Platypus 8.5 X 11.5 elliptical waterproof coil to test here in the U.S.

This person, (ROB!) was supposed to go out and give COILTEK his feedback to confirm that the coil performed as well in U.S. ground as they have proven it has in Australia where all reports are in, and they look great.

However, despite repeated efforts on my part to encourage this person (ROB) to put away the other prototype coil we sent him, the Wallaby "R" factor, which he (ROB) promptly went out about 5 times and found 40 nuggets with, I can't get him (ROB) to put the damn R factor away and try the PLATYPUS.

You see, here's the deal. If you go out with a prototype coil, like the R factor, and you find 40 nuggets in 5 trips, GUESS WHAT ????

IT WORKS !

Could we perhaps now move on now, and test the Platypus? :LoL

If anyone happens to know this tester, (ROB) could you please grab him, hold him down, and steal the damn "R" factor from him for a while so he will test the Platypus ?

He has a whole factory on hold waiting for him, (ROB) to give us his feedback !

GEESH ! :=

BCOT!

DOC

• Admin

Hello Doc,

I have tested the Coiltek Platypus searchcoil several times, but did not make any announcements. I have not tested it under the water as of yet, mostly sub-surface detecting. I was very impressed with the results so far, but like I said these were above ground results.

I found several nuggets down to 2 grains so far with the Platypus 11-inch DD Pro. The coil is very light; almost to the point you don't think there is even a coil on the end of the shaft! :D

I banged the coil around and could not get the coil to false. I really believe this coil will be a hot seller for those that like to prospect in around shallow Rivers and Creeks.

I'm heading out for a camp over, so I will bring the coil with me and give it a whirl there.

Sorry I have slowed down production, but everything is hectic here once again. Grandmother is back in the hospital and my Father was in a car accident a few days ago. He is ok, but my Grandmother's health is up and down.

Thanks Coiltek and Doc for giving me these opportunities to test the new coils. I'm taking the R-Factor with me once again! :D

Talk with you all soon,

Rob Allison

Rob's Detector Sales

www.nuggethunting.com

(623) 362-1459

ROB, News flash, further testing in Australia of the "R" factor coil has indicated that it causes your testicles to shrivel up to the size of very small raisins. You must stop using this coil immediately.

On the other hand testers using the Platypus coil have found that their virility, good looks, muscles, health and over all well being has increased significantly. They have become overwhelmingly attractive to members of the opposite sex. They have won new cars and have won numerous lotteries involving millions of dollars.

So unless you want your pee pee to fall off, I would stop using that "R" factor coil immediately.

Have fun, BCOT ! :mrgreen:

DOC

The Platypus coil actually could be more valuable to coiltek users,

since we have other larger monos which should be comparable to the R- Wallabys depth. There aren't many DD waterproof coils produced by coiltek, this has always been a problem since Australia doesn't have much water detecting going on. I hope they will come out with a salt/AI version

of the Platypus.

• 4 years later...
I won't mention his name (Rob), but a certain person in the U.S. was given the new Platypus 8.5 X 11.5 elliptical waterproof coil to test here in the U.S.

This person, (ROB!) was supposed to go out and give COILTEK his feedback to confirm that the coil performed as well in U.S. ground as they have proven it has in Australia where all reports are in, and they look great.

However, despite repeated efforts on my part to encourage this person (ROB) to put away the other prototype coil we sent him, the Wallaby "R" factor, which he (ROB) promptly went out about 5 times and found 40 nuggets with, I can't get him (ROB) to put the damn R factor away and try the PLATYPUS.

You see, here's the deal. If you go out with a prototype coil, like the R factor, and you find 40 nuggets in 5 trips, GUESS WHAT ????

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>

IT WORKS !</span>

Could we perhaps now move on now, and test the Platypus? :LoL

If anyone happens to know this tester, <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>(ROB)</span> could you please grab him, hold him down, and steal the damn "R" factor from him for a while so he will test the Platypus ?

He has a whole factory on hold waiting for him, (ROB) to give us his feedback !

GEESH ! :=

BCOT!

DOC

That's a hilarious post... (ROB)...grinning.. I know this thread is a few years old but I stumbled across it while searching something else... made me smile, thanks Doc... hope you're feeling better. :D

Jennifer

Well Said Jennifer, I think more then a few of us have kicked the P. coil and a few others at Moore Creek, looks like we will have another great season there, sure looking forward to it.............Geo

post-160-1242095097_thumb.jpg

LuckyLundy,

I have both the mono and DD version of the platipus and have a good spot to try them out. Let's get together for a hunt pretty soon up in the hills and you can try both coils. PM me to set something up. I have plans to be up in D'Ville pretty soon. You and the gang are more than welcome to join in.

Cheers,

Matt

LuckyLundy,

I have both the mono and DD version of the platipus and have a good spot to try them out. Let's get together for a hunt pretty soon up in the hills and you can try both coils. PM me to set something up. I have plans to be up in D'Ville pretty soon. You and the gang are more than welcome to join in.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt,

I am thinking of purchasing a Platypus to hunt some tributaries that will be running slow pretty soon, starting to lean towards the DD for I will be on bedrock and may want to discriminate once in a while.... but if I do not use iron reject with the DD coil, is it almost as sensitive as the mono coil or is the mono a lot more sensitive?

Thanks

Tony Teixeira

Hi Tony,

My opinion only - I've used to own a DD and now own a Mono Platypus - and

I think they're close. Before I had my 4500 I needed the DD up in Mariposa,

it was too mineralized up there are you well know, to run a Mono.

With the advent of the 4500 I was able to use a Mono Platy and tune out the mineralization.

I don't think you will loose much either way. The Platypus technology from what I understand

was the forerunner of the GoldStalker's. If I am off on this, DOC and Rob will set you straight.

All the best,

Flak