GP question?

Going out with a guy, from Redding to go detecting up here, he has GP3000 and I have GP3500, how far apart do we have to be?

Hey Rob, he's thinking about getting CT Wallaby, I gave him your PH #, were going to Union Hill, large hydrolic mine site;-)

• Admin

Hello Ed,

I would say about the same. You will know cause you will get a "Woo-Woo" type sound. The closer you guys get to each other the louder the noise will get. I recommend tuning the GP3500 (and even the manual tune) and also tune the GP3000 when you guys get close. I have noticed by doing this you can get a bit closer, but still not side by side.

Good luck at Union Hills. I smell gold also ....

Take care,

Rob Allison

:) Thanks Guy's,

Hi, Grubstake & Shep, I'm using Platy on my 35 and Alan, using CT 18" DD Pro, on his 3000 and I think this area will be first time seeing a PI ;-)

Good Luck Rob, glad to hear your going out to play some...

Got to go & good luck to all,

Ed

:blink:

Well guy's, Trinityau & Goldbug Ron, are right-on, Me & Alan detected for 5+ hours and I found the most lead - frags,birdshot,buckshot, 22's;-) I'f it was there I would have found it... Filled 35mm film container full of lead and had fun doing it also made a new friend :D

• Admin

Hello Big Ed,

I also forgot to mentioned, that coil size also can make a different. I know if I'm using a smaller coil I can get close to another Minelab PI, unlike if I was using a larger coil. You still can't get side-by-side, but a bit closer with smaller coils.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi all,

I have kind of a funny story about "how close" to beep to one another.

One of my detecting friends likes to "just happen" to show up not far from where I am beeping. I try to tell him to find his own hunt area, but I guess he just hasn't gotten the real picture so far.

On time in the last year or so, I was beeping a couple miles from camp, and here comes my "up close and personal" beeping buddy, parks his machine about 150 feet from me, and I turn off my GP3000, as I know as soon as he turns on his detector, his GP will start interfering with mine.

He gets all set, turns on his machine, all the while I am still watching him, not turning my machine back on.

He walked a few feet, swinging his coil, then I turned on my machine, still watching him. Next thing that happens, he starts fiddling with his headphones, takes them off, fiddles with his machine, puts his headphones back on, listens, shuts his detector off, takes off his headphones, ties his detector to his 4 wheeler, and gets on and starts to ride off. I yell to him.."where are ya going?? " He says back to camp, cause my headphones aren't working right. Next thing I know, I see his R.V. going down the road, and he is going home....I didn't have the heart to tell him that I had kind of snookered him....but I DID get a big laugh out of the whole thing...kind of served him right.

Someday I will tell him the truth of the matter...

Just thought you might like to know...

~LARGO~

Rob

Last year I was at gold hill I was using a GPX and a friend had a gold bug 2. When we would get within about 20 feet apart my GPX started getting interference. It got worse as he came nearer.

I sold a gb2 to a friend and we were standing next to a electric fence showing him all about it. When I turn it on you got this pulse sound out of the gold bug2 and I couldn't get it to stop. Thats until I found out the fence was on. :lol:

Chuck