OCTAVE, AZ TOKEN AND NUGGETS

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is a Octave, Arizona Token I have and a couple of small, new Rich Hill gold nuggets. The first two pictures are the token and new nuggets, the third picture is some of the gold I have found off the 24K Gold Hunters Club in the last 3-4 months.

This token was valued at $400 back in 1990 from what a Arizona Token Book stated. I'm sure now it's worth less since more have probably been found. There is another 6 or 8 sided Octave Token I'm getting from a friend here soon. It was valued at $500.

Wish I had more goodies to post, just been working too much to play. :(

Take care,

Rob Allison

Guest Mike C...

Wow Rob nice pile of gold ;) and that token is a real nice find also B) -it was good seeing you again :) thanks for the hat :mellow: Mike K gave me one and I found my hat that I thought I lost :huh: but there was a nice overcast the next day anyways- ;) -Mike C... :D

• Admin

Hello Hammer,

I actually didn't find the Octave Token, but was able to trade a Coiltek coil for the token. A good friend found the token many years ago around the Rich Hill area. This person has a book titled "Arizona Token and Scrip" which has the approx. value of Arizona Tokens. The book was printed in 1990 and showed the value of this token at $400. With more tokens found since them I would assume the price has went down some. I heard there were a couple of newer additions of this token book.

This finder also has the 6 or 8 sided Octave token that was also found in the same area. This token was valued at $500 at the time of the book printing in 1990. I'm hoping to get this token also in the near future.

I did find all the gold nuggets, just not much luck with coins or tokens.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob

Some tokens like the one you have and others being the town is gone is worth alot as you found out. Octave mine and the land around it was purchase by Ben that has the Bee Hive Mine. He has a site www.beehivemine.com/ you can see him with his big gun sitting on the side of a hill and some of his gold.

This is for what its worth. When food stamps came out the stores had to have tokens to give out if the the change was less than a dollar. The only way they could spend it was go back to the same store. I have yet to get them but my Uncle had a store at the time. :D

This ends your history lesson for today.

Chuck A. Older than dirt! :lol: