Nice 2.28 Gold Specimen Found!

• Admin

Hello All,

Just wanted to show you a new find. Can't say too much right now. <_<

2.28 Ounce Gold & Quartz Specimen. Small amounts of gold is shot through the quartz. The specimen screams on a GPX-4000, so there must be more gold within. I'm going to do a specific gravity test on the specimen to see how much gold it really contains.

Going to hit the sack, I'm burned out ...

Rob Allison

Thats pretty nice specie, there Rob, ain't going to be much detecting here in the next 10 days or so! Damned polar express is coming on Thrusday and lasting until Sunday, they expect up to 3 inches of rain in places up here during that and snow levels to drop to maybe my house again. They said were getting into a 3 day pattern, three days on three days off. We need the rain, but it sure plays hell with our detecting. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Check your PM for starters.

Sold a GPX-4000 to a customer down in Yuma. Was going to head down there this weekend, but not sure now due to the nasty weather going to hit. Have a few patches I want to recheck down there while I conduct field instructions.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yep, Rob, I checked and sent you a reply. Also down south of us, there going to be having more high winds, yesterday, they showed on the news, it was gusting so high, it was turning 18 wheeler over on interstate 15 out in the Mojave desert area. Brace yourself, this next set of storms is going to dump some rain for sure. Take care Grubstake

Yep, Rob, I checked and sent you a reply. Also down south of us, there going to be having more high winds, yesterday, they showed on the news, it was gusting so high, it was turning 18 wheeler over on interstate 15 out in the Mojave desert area. Brace yourself, this next set of storms is going to dump some rain for sure. Take care Grubstake

i got this pn my weather alert

SHASTA LAKE AREA / NORTHERN SHASTA COUNTY- BURNEY BASIN / EASTERN SHASTA COUNTY-NORTHERN SACRAMENTO VALLEY- CENTRAL SACRAMENTO VALLEY-SOUTHERN SACRAMENTO VALLEY- CARQUINEZ STRAIT AND DELTA-NORTHERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY- MOUNTAINS SOUTHWESTERN SHASTA COUNTY TO NORTHERN LAKE COUNTY- CLEAR LAKE/SOUTHERN LAKE COUNTY- NORTHEAST FOOTHILLS/SACRAMENTO VALLEY- MOTHERLODE- WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY/LASSEN PARK- WEST SLOPE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA- 530 AM PST WED JAN 2 2008

...DANGEROUS WINTER STORMS HEADED FOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA...

A SERIES OF VERY WET AND WINDY PACIFIC STORMS WILL AFFECT NORTHERN CALIFORNIA BEGINNING THURSDAY AFTERNOON...CONTINUING INTO SUNDAY.

THE FIRST STORM IS FORECAST TO ARRIVE THURSDAY AFTERNOON WITH RAIN DEVELOPING IN THE VALLEY...AND SNOW IN THE MOUNTAINS. WINDS WILL STRENGTHEN AND THE PRECIPITATION MAY BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES BY THURSDAY EVENING WITH SNOW LEVELS RANGING FROM AROUND 4000 FEET OVER THE MOUNTAINS OF SHASTA COUNTY...TO 5000 TO 6000 FEET IN THE SIERRA.

THE SECOND...MORE POWERFUL SYSTEM WILL IMPACT OUR REGION ON FRIDAY WITH ANOTHER ROUND OF HEAVY RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO GENERATE VERY STRONG WINDS WITH POSSIBLE GUSTS IN THE VALLEY OF 50 TO 60 MPH...AND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 80 MPH IN THE MOUNTAINS. LITTLE CHANGE IN SNOW LEVELS IS EXPECTED WITH THIS SECOND STORM.

WE MAY SEE A BRIEF LULL IN THE WINDS AND RAIN FRIDAY NIGHT BEFORE ANOTHER PACIFIC STORM BRINGS MORE RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW TO NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY. COLDER AIR IS FORECAST TO FILTER INTO NORTHERN CALIFORNIA OVER THE WEEKEND RESULTING IN LOWER SNOW LEVELS.

BY THE TIME THE PRECIPITATION WINDS DOWN ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON...TOTAL RAINFALL FROM THE THREE STORMS COULD TOTAL SEVERAL INCHES IN THE VALLEY. SNOWFALL WILL BE MEASURED IN FEET IN THE SIERRA WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR TEN FEET OR MORE OVER THE HIGHER PEAKS.

Grubstake. I'll bet the dredgers are watching the snow pile up with high hopes. Good runoff in the Sierras in the spring usually makes the dredging good in the summer. It looks like one of the best years in quite a while up there for snowpack. Your reservoirs should fill up also . The rain may slow detecting down for a while , but it will make for a nice summer.----Bob

Rob

Got my Black Widows and Jim Straights book today, got here really fast, thanks. Just in time for the coming three to six days of winter weather. Probably won't be able to detect but the book will be a good read and the weather will give the time to read it. Nice specimen piece. I always like finding those, there's alot of options with specimens pieces.

Thanks again, Wes

Rob,

Specimens are always a great find. As Wes said there are a lot of options. I have had El Dorado slab up some of the species that I have found and he has made some beautiful jewelry with the cabs. I will try to post some pics when I get a chance. Condradulations on the find. I hope that it is the beginning of a new patch for you.

Wes,

You will really like the Black Widows. I have had mine for a couple of years now and won't use anything else. I had a problem with the crossover wire and figured they were toast, but they have excellent customer service and warranty and fixed them for free. I also made a sock/sleeve that I put over the ear pieces that I cut out of an old t-shirt that I use and it helps keep the sweet away and can wash them or replace them whenever.

Cheers,

Matt

P.S. Any book by Jim Straight is worth it's weight in gold!

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Wes - Thanks! The BlackWidow's are awesome headphones. Jim's been talking about writing a newer booklet about gold and meteorites. Reg Sniff and I were going to originally help, but everyone got so busy the booklet never got going. I believe Jim is still considering this booklet though.

There is another that I'm going to talk with here soon that is writing a revised book on Rich Hill and the History. This could be a very interesting book.

Matt - Heard El Dorado does some excellent work! ;)

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I have yet to do a specific gravity test. I have all the stuff to do the test, but been pretty busy. The minute I conduct the test I will post the results.

Any guesses on the amount of gold the specimen might contain? Total weight was 2.28 Troy ounces with only a dozen or so spots of gold showing.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• 2 weeks later...