REDDING AREA GOLD

HEY ALL, TRINITYAU HERE, I AM HOPING THAT SOMEBODY IN THE REDDING AREA THAT HAS JUST STARTED TO LEARN HOW DETECT FOR GOLD IS LISTENING. NUMBER 1, YOU DONT DIG HOLES ON BICYCLE PATHS AND NOT FILL THEM IN. NUMBER 2, YOU DONT DIG HOLES NEAR BLM SIGNS AND NOT FILL THEM IN. NUMBER 3, YOU DONT LEAVE YOUR TRASH AT THE PARKING AREA ON THE GROUND. NUMBER 4, YOU DONT DIG A HOLE AND SHIT IN IT WITHOUT FILLING IT IN, OR AT LEAST MOST OF US DONT. WAKE UP AND AT LEAST TRY TO ACT LIKE YOU HAVE A BRAIN. THIS IS SOMEONE NEW, I DONT THINK ANYBODY I KNOW IN THE AREA WOULD DO THIS.

RAY MILLS

• Admin

Hey Ray,

Excuse my French :rolleyes: , but those are the noobies that have Gold Fever and don't give a Fuck about anything else. Unfortunately I know some of these guys here and they will tear down the place, leave open pits/holes and even leave their trash for someone else to worry about. You will then later find out they found a small gold nugget for all that distruction and BS.

Take care buddy,

Rob Allison

It aint just noobies! Damn trespassers up here not only leave unfilled holes, but cigarette butts and Pepsi cans all over the place. And most places I hunt are on private property no less. I can't wait till the owner of the property prosecutes them when caught. He will. Some people just have no respect and don't give a crap about anybody but themselves. These people even say that these spots are "their" patches even though they jumped a fence clearly marked "private property" to get there. Take care.

Cheers,

matt

OK GUYS IT IS NOT ALL NEW GUYS FOR MY SELF I FILL MY HOLES NEVER LEAVE TRASH I THINK IS JUST WRONG AND WHY WOULD YOU WANT SOMEONE TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE LOOKING. AS THAT GOES I WENT WHERE I THOUGHT FOR SURE NO ONE HAD BEEN HERE BEFORE AND DAM THERE WAS A BUTT ON THE GROUND I ABOUT FELL OVER FOR I SMOKE THE DAM THINGS BUT COME HOME WITH A POCKET FULL OF BUTTS SO IT JUST NOT THE NEW GUY .

LON

HEY GUYS, I WAS HOPING THAT I WOULD NOT LEAVE THE IMPRESSION THAT IT IS JUST NEW GUYS DOING THIS SORT OF THING. WHAT I MEANT WAS THAT WHOEVER IS DOING THIS UP HERE IS SOMEONE NEW TO THE HOBBY OR THE AREA. I KNOW WE HAVE ALOT OF PEOPLE IN THE HOBBY THAT ARE JUST AS BAD AS THIS. I DONT UNDERSTAND THOSE PEOPLE EITHER. FOR ALL I KNOW IT MAY BE SOMEONE TRYING TO SABOTAGE MY FRIENDS AND I IN THIS PARTICULAR AREA , WHICH IS PUBLIC. A LITTLE BIT OF GOLD DOES STUFF TO MANY PEOPLE. I HAVE SEEN THIS FIRST HAND OVER THE YEARS AND IT IS ONE OF THE REASONS I HAVE SLOWED DOWN OVER THE YEARS AS FAR AS TAKING ON NEW PEOPLE TO LEARN THE HOBBY.

TRINITYAU

Ray,

You are not the only person who has taken that stance.

I know many generous and honest people

who have been repeatedly claim jumped (robbery in mining terms), high-graded and lied to by 'friends',

who have come to the same place in their thinking,

some with great reluctance - but they get over that.

In the hard times we are all going to face ahead,

we better get our bullshit detectors fine-tuned.

This kind of behavior cannot be tolerated...from anyone,

but most especially from the people around us who pass themselves off as friends.

Behavior like that must be confronted and stopped...by all of us,

and of course, it extends far beyond hobby prospecting.

Flak

Come on now guys lets be careful of the hyprocracy here now. As far as leaving trash and open dig holes, there's NO excuse for that but the trespassing, come on. If its a valid marked mining claim, ya, stay off of it, but what about places in say Nevada? Nevada is either BLM, Railroad land or land under lease from huge mining companies that someone with a detector won't make a dent in a fraction of there potential profits. The BLM land is 99% claimed and you won't get permission to hunt the railroad land or mining leased land no matter how hard you try. I'm not going to sit here and complain about trespassers because I have been guiltly of it in years past myself, whether it be here in my state or in a state like Nevada. I can honestly say I have never knowingly been on someone elses marked mining claim but have gone on land owned by huge land developers that are only waiting to be able to develop the land into a home depo or huge housing tracks. I just get tired of the hyprocracy of some who write on these forums complaining of these things and have been guilty of it themselves. Enough said, I vented and feel better. Thanks for listening.

Hawk

HEY GUYS, THE LAND I AM TALKING ABOUT IS PUBLIC BLM, HOWEVER , MANY PARTS ARE WATCHED OVER BY THE CITY OF REDDING THROUGH A MUTUAL AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING MOST OF THESE LOCAL BLM AREAS AS GREENZONES. THESE ARE AREAS THAT ARE JUST THAT, GREENZONES TO MAINTAIN WILFLIFE SANCTUARY AND SOMEWHAT OF A BORDER TO REDDING. ALMOST LIKE A FIREBREAK, BUT A PLACE FOR LOCALS TO PLAY ON. IT JUST HAPPENS TO BE PRIME GOLD COUNTRY ALSO. WE ARE ON A FINE LINE HERE AND DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THE RIGHT TO CONTINUE DETECTING ON THIS GROUND. ALMOST ALL OF THE GROUND I AM TALKING ABOUT HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM MINERAL ENTRY, SO, ANYONE CAN HUNT HERE. WE JUST DONT NEED THE ABOVE ITEMS GOING ON. AS FOR ME I DO NOT GO ON ANYONES CLAIMS UNLESS ASKED, I WOULD JUST SOON HUNT WHAT I AM HUNTING AND KEEP WHAT I GET WITHOUT ANY HASSLE. AS FOR NEVADA I HAVE TO AGREE , ALOT OF THE GROUND IS NOT STAKED OR MARKED AND I MORE THAN LIKELY HAVE GONE ONTO AREAS THAT I POSSIBLY SHOULD NOT HAVE. I WAS TALKING ABOUT OBVIOUS STUFF, DIG HOLES , UNFILLED ON PUBLIC BIKE TRAILS, CRAPPING IN A HOLE RIGHT NEAR A PUBLIC TRAIL AND NOT COVERING IT............................ . THESE THINGS JUST DONT NEED TO HAPPEN ANYWHERE.

TRINITYAU

Yo TrinityAu...Your points are very valid and I hope that who ever it is that's jeprodizing everyone else's rights gets the message...Seems thats there's lots of such things going on in the Redding area, from what I've read....One point I'd like to make to you is that typing in all capital letters is considered screaming on forums...Sometimes, in small amounts, it's a perfectly good way to emphasize something, but when all messages are in all caps it is considered offensive on the forums...I hope I've explained this without offending you...Your cause and comments are right on and I support you 100%...Cheers, Unc

hey Ron your right i was not thinking that way no yelling here just wanted to let every one know i have seen more old timers leave left open dig holes just in the short time i have been going out and far as the newbies goes i think if some one was to see them the only right thing to do is tell them it is messing it up for all so sorry about the caps

LON good luck

HEY ALL, TRINITYAU HERE, I AM HOPING THAT SOMEBODY IN THE REDDING AREA THAT HAS JUST STARTED TO LEARN HOW DETECT FOR GOLD IS LISTENING. NUMBER 1, YOU DONT DIG HOLES ON BICYCLE PATHS AND NOT FILL THEM IN. NUMBER 2, YOU DONT DIG HOLES NEAR BLM SIGNS AND NOT FILL THEM IN. NUMBER 3, YOU DONT LEAVE YOUR TRASH AT THE PARKING AREA ON THE GROUND. NUMBER 4, YOU DONT DIG A HOLE AND SHIT IN IT WITHOUT FILLING IT IN, OR AT LEAST MOST OF US DONT. WAKE UP AND AT LEAST TRY TO ACT LIKE YOU HAVE A BRAIN. THIS IS SOMEONE NEW, I DONT THINK ANYBODY I KNOW IN THE AREA WOULD DO THIS.

RAY MILLS

hello ray like your post but you didn't mention the bed frames ,carpeting and pad,rubber pads ,plastic diapers the sofa sitting at the back of the parking lot and the crap ( humane or animal ) in the parking lot, soda cans, beer bottles,waded up tissue along the bike trail....this needs to be addressed to the city and blm...

I call the city when it happens at the gold field but it falls on deaf ears they don't care...the detectorist is the least of the problems at swazy rd.

hoss

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I probably got a bit overworked, but it just bugs me when people do this. I think everyone has dug some holes and left them behind. I would be a Hipocrite if I told you I didn't walk away from holes and didn't refill them. -_- I think most of the ones in dry wash bottoms are fine since they will refill in no time flat, but the ones people leave on hillsides and within site of people are whats going to destroy it for us.

We "all" need to get into the habit of taking a few extra seconds and scape or push the material back into the hole we dug.

Just my opinion,

Rob Allison

Yo TrinityAu...Your points are very valid and I hope that who ever it is that's jeprodizing everyone else's rights gets the message...Seems thats there's lots of such things going on in the Redding area, from what I've read....One point I'd like to make to you is that typing in all capital letters is considered screaming on forums...Sometimes, in small amounts, it's a perfectly good way to emphasize something, but when all messages are in all caps it is considered offensive on the forums...I hope I've explained this without offending you...Your cause and comments are right on and I support you 100%...Cheers, Unc

Hi Uncle Ron,

Hope you are finding lots of gold out in the W.

Ray is a great friend of mine and I can tell you he types all his messages in all caps. I think it is because he has something to say and most people just don't get it unless he screams at them.

Hey Flak it was a good trip up North this year and I had fun watching Ray find gold in the 100+ temps where we were hunting. My gold take was -O- I caught a 33" King Salmon and that was golden. I picked up some gold locally on a trip out with my two brothers, and 2 Yellowfin tuna a 26 and a 22. Thanks to Mick for that. See you guys in the gold fields.

-Joe