Found MY first nugget

Well, Uncle Ron, you will be pleased to know that I found it with my SD2100!! I have a pocket rocket and a gold screamer that I bought from Rob. It was about 5 inches down embedded in some bed rock. It was so loud that I thought it was trash. I learned a good lesson--DIG EVERY SIGNAL!!!! ;)

After several years of metal detecting, I finally found my first nugget in the El Paso Mountains. It's a 1.2 ounce beauty!!! Hallelujah!!!

]

Geez Donna,

I sure do admire the way you stuck in there, you certainly are an ispiration to all. I don't think I could have hanged in there near as long as you had, ("After several years of metal detecting"), that alone deserves applause.

Congratulations on the beautiful nugget! :P

Tony Teixeira

Wow! That is a nice one Donna. El Paso... are you in the Ridgecrest, CA area?

We belong to the LDMA and have a trailer at Duisenburg, about 15 miles out of Ridgecrest. We also belong to the Orange County 49er's club, which has several claims around the area. We live about 16 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. I don't know if I was patient or just at the right spot at the right time. My hubby told me to pick out a small area and detect the heck out of it, so that's what I did.

Beautiful ! Thanks for posting the pictures and the story. You will never forget the feeling you got when you first spotted that piece of trash you were digging up was actually what you were looking for - the gold ! Amazing.

WOW that beats the hell out of my first nugget.

My hubby found a 4/10 gram nugget about a month ago, and I was just as tickled about that. His very first one was 1.75 ounces. I'm always excited for anyone who finds a nugget. You were with one of the greatest nugget finders. :)

Let's hear more about it Donna. What machine were you using? What coil? How deep was it?

Well, let's see, I told Uncle Ron that it was my SD2100 that I bought from Wishbone a little over a year ago, with an 8" Minelab coil. It was embedded in this really hard bedrock about 5 inches down. I'm really surprised that no one had found it, except that it sounded like a great big piece of trash. I asked Skipperbill if gold sounded that way, and he said, it does if it's big enough. I made a mistake in one of my other posts; Skipperbill's first was 1.5 ounces; it was yours that was 1.8, right? You know these ol' prospectors--as time goes by the nugget gets bigger and bigger! :rolleyes: