Refurbished pick

I did some work to my little pick, this is an old Keen pick. Welded on some more steel / widened the the rear a bit and

stuck on a LuckyLundy style Magnet. Rated at N50. 2"X2"X1". 254lb pulling power....Yea it squished my finger a bit when I put it on my pick lol biggrin.gif

BTW,for the hell of it I called Minelab because I was a little worried about a magnet that strong near the detector housing, I know there is a lot of electronics in there. Super magnets will trash a computer H/D pretty quick. They (Trina-at Minelab) said she has never heard of anyone ever having trouble with a Rare Earth Magnet causing any problems. so I guess it's cool to pack them together.

DigDeep

post-4951-127622718438_thumb.jpg

Jamie,

Now your talking! As you know we have a few different picks for the different terrian we prospect. Wide blades 8" for the grass areas, 6" blades for open areas, longer pick ends for busting up bedrock, and combo's of them both. I don't know if you've busted any pick handles out in the field, but we have never with the metal handle. Sure there are people that will argue all day with your about the all metal picks we use...I say the proof is in the poke!!! Your new magnet is what we have and it speeds up trash recovery time which leads to moretime with the coil to the ground = more gold...just like fishing, you have to have your bait in the water! Jamie, until our next hunt...which will be soon!

LuckyLundy

• Admin

Hey Jamie,

Damn, I thought the Super Magnets that Dennis and I were using were big (2x2x.5) The big Super Magnet will save you a ton of time. I don't think for normal hunting applications you need one this big, but for certain area they do save a ton of time digging small iron rubbish. I sell a bunch of the 1.5x1.5x 3/8thth).

Hope to see some new nugget finds soon.

Rob Allison

That looks like a supermagnet brick! I need to get one of those, just make sure you don't get it stuck to a laptop, I imagine it would probably wipe the hard drive clean. :o

I took the new pick and rare earth magnet out for a test drive yesterday and actually aimed for some of the trashier areas, I got the skunk but it really worked well and my recovery time increased considerably. Definitely took the frustration out of digging those noseeums iron pieces. Many times I didn't even have to break ground, I just put the magnet near the place I pinpointed and POP - iron would just jump from the depths.

DigDeep