Minelab's Counterfeit Warning Page

Better pics would be nice especially since you need to see the details up close. The pics they have in there I honestly couldn't tell the difference between any of them except for the battery and I'm familiar with Minelab PI's. Perhaps Minelab should put some better resolution pics up that clearly points out and explains the differences for the potential new buyer? It's kind of like artwork... If you know what to look for you can spot a fake without even touching it. Just a thought.

Del

• Admin

Hey Doc,

Thanks for posting the site about the fake Minelab's.

I have a story for you about fakes. About two months a Lady called and wanted to purchase a GPX-4500. I told her all about the fakes and make sure you purchase from an authorized dealer. Long story short, she purchased from one of those auction sites (not Ebay) and she purchased a fake for like $3,100.00. She called me and expected me to bend over backwards and contact Minelab for her to have her money refunded. I never heard back, but I think she got screwed and I done everything before hand to inform her.

Live and learn I guess ....

Rob Allison

Better pics would be nice especially since you need to see the details up close. The pics they have in there I honestly couldn't tell the difference between any of them except for the battery and I'm familiar with Minelab PI's. Perhaps Minelab should put some better resolution pics up that clearly points out and explains the differences for the potential new buyer? It's kind of like artwork... If you know what to look for you can spot a fake without even touching it. Just a thought.

Del

there are some better quality pics in the pdf files at the bottom of the page

though I'd like to see more pics

Hey Doc,

Thanks for posting the site about the fake Minelab's.

I have a story for you about fakes. About two months a Lady called and wanted to purchase a GPX-4500. I told her all about the fakes and make sure you purchase from an authorized dealer. Long story short, she purchased from one of those auction sites (not Ebay) and she purchased a fake for like $3,100.00. She called me and expected me to bend over backwards and contact Minelab for her to have her money refunded. I never heard back, but I think she got screwed and I done everything before hand to inform her.

Live and learn I guess ....

Rob Allison

Why in the world would she expect Minelab to refund her? She did not buy it from them or one of their dealers...

I hope she learned a lesson. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is!

• Admin

Hello Gaine,

Not sure why she thought that. On another note, a customer called today and said "why are you selling them for $4,750.00." I told them I offer one of the best bundle packages, free shipping with full insurance, field instructions and all the support one can ask for. They must have thought it was good enough, cause I made two sales today on the GPX-4500's. I think many are starting to realize now that Minelab posted the information on their main website. Kind of like hearing it from the "Horse's Mouth!"

I always suggest purchasing new and from an Authorized local dealer if you can. Be careful on all Internet deals if you don't know the person or know someone that knows them to verify it's a good deal.

Just my thoughts,

Rob Allison