New Minelab PI's

• Admin

Hey Grubstake,

Yes, the two new GPX detectors (4800 & 5000) will be available to the public on the 30th of this month. I'm currently taking pre-orders as we speak if anyone is interested.

Here is some information I found on the Australia forums about them -

GPX 5000 key features

8 Soil/Timings is like having 8 detectors in 1, find more gold in ALL ground conditions

Fine Gold Timing gives even more depth and sensitivity than Enhance — bring home more nuggets even from ground thought to be completely worked out!

Salt/Gold Timing is great for all nugget sizes in salty ground — outstanding at the beach!

Coin/Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions

Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance performance (includes improved Enhance Timing)

6 factory preset Search Modes for switch on and go simplicity

Automatic Ground Balance options to suit all conditions

Increased Rx Gain adjustment allowing more precise sensitivity control and better performance

Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability

11” Double-D coil plus 11” Monoloop coil as standard

GPX 4800 key features

6 Soil/Timings is like having 6 detectors in 1, find more gold in more ground conditions

Coin/Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions

Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance performance (includes improved Enhance Timing)

3 factory preset Search Modes for switch on and go simplicity

Automatic Ground Balance options to suit all conditions

Rx Gain adjustment for adjusting Sensitivity

Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability

11” Double-D coil as standard

US Prices on the Metal Detectors:

Minelab GPX-4800 - $4,995.00

Minelab GPX-5000 - $5,595.00

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Well I'll be, the new big gun will finally be out shortly...yea your right Grubstake...the GPX4500 bottom will drop out! That the price of progress...Oh well...With the new job buying this detector wont be too much of a problem as before. I did finally get my 4500 three months ago. It's hard to imagine something better than the predecessor...I am looking forward for the field test results which should be favorable. Just like to say thank you to the boys at Minelab...Guido

Looks like those 4500's just dropped to $2,995.95...Still too high for the difference from the real break through oldies SD's ... Cheers, Unc

Ron, where are you finding those "cheap" MLs..the best price I've seen is $3,850!

Bill

Archived