Thinking out loud

I was just wondering if Minelab being they have the two new PI gold detectors,would they drop the price of the 4500 and keep making it?I know in the past Rob had some PI's left in stock with the new ones out and Minelab lets the dealers drop the price to remove the old stock that they won't be making anymore.Either way it could be good for those of us who don't have the pocket change to buy the top of the line GPX5000.

Thinking in the rain in Texas.

Chuck Anders

Well, I wonder why Minelab jacked up the pricing for the 4500 right before the announcement of the 2 new detecors? WTF was that all about? I feel bad for anyone that paid that inflated priceing right before the new releases.

Was it to help the subsiquent re-sale value of the 4500, as Minelab knew alot of people would be selling their used units to upgrade.

Some dealers were saying that the 2200v2 was going to continue being made , yet Minelab does not even list it anymore so I guess that answers that!

Adam

That's another good question you have come up with.The dealers have to do just what Minelab says and that's what you say is cut and dried.If the dealers do have some 4500 in stock and Minelab says they can lower their price that cuts the profit from the dealer not Minelab.So if the price is drop don't look for any package to come with it.Like Rob when he gives you a package that cuts down off the profit he could have made.You take some dealers make the profit off of one detector but Rob may have to sell three detectors to make the same profit.

Only time will tell what way Minelab go are will do.If nothing else it will give us something to talk about.

Chuck Anders

Guest Mike C...

Adam

That's another good question you have come up with.The dealers have to do just what Minelab says and that's what you say is cut and dried.If the dealers do have some 4500 in stock and Minelab says they can lower their price that cuts the profit from the dealer not Minelab.So if the price is drop don't look for any package to come with it.Like Rob when he gives you a package that cuts down off the profit he could have made.You take some dealers make the profit off of one detector but Rob may have to sell three detectors to make the same profit.

Only time will tell what way Minelab go are will do.If nothing else it will give us something to talk about.

Chuck Anders

I'm sure it would make you sick if you knew what the dealer cost really wasblink.gif Mike C...ph34r.gif

Mike C

If a dealer could sell for what he wanted then when you went to sale yours that you paid good money for it would be worthless now.I guess you could say pay less now and get the shaft later.I don't know what to say this is like me and my ex-wife,she got the gold mine and I got the shaft.

On behalf of the dealers if they have three detectors in stock for six months they can't get anymore for them then as the first day they were received.

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hey RidgeRunner,

I have a list of things I'm hoping Minelab will address at the upcoming Dealers Seminar in Vegas. I haven't heard anything about a price reduction on the GPX4500, but not saying it will not happen in the future. I can't believe Minelab hasn't build a mid-line PI to replace the prior SD series. I heard rumors about a mid-line GPX, but have yet to get any confirmation on it.

Minelab detectors jump from the Eureka Gold at $1,000 to the GPX4500 at $4,750.00. This is nearly a $4000 gap between detectors. Where is that $1,500 - $2,500 range detector at?

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob,

That's the GP series.. ;)

Hey RidgeRunner,

I have a list of things I'm hoping Minelab will address at the upcoming Dealers Seminar in Vegas. I haven't heard anything about a price reduction on the GPX4500, but not saying it will not happen in the future. I can't believe Minelab hasn't build a mid-line PI to replace the prior SD series. I heard rumors about a mid-line GPX, but have yet to get any confirmation on it.

Minelab detectors jump from the Eureka Gold at $1,000 to the GPX4500 at $4,750.00. This is nearly a $4000 gap between detectors. Where is that $1,500 - $2,500 range detector at?

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Rob

The price between two high end detectors of 600.00 is not a big space.Then you have the 4500 just 200.00 below that.My thinking on this is they did not need the GPX 4800 unless they backoff more on their price from GPX5000.

I do hope they keep the GPX4500 being it's been a good detector and found lots of gold for people.I don't hear my phone ringing wanting to know what I think.HaHa

I'll be here like so many others wanting to hear what was said at that meeting with Minelab.

Till then Rob you take care!

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hello Paul and All,

Many seem to believe the SD and GP series are still avaiable for sale. You can surely find a used one out there, but there are no new ones available. All of the SD (2100 & 2200) and GP (Extreme, 3000 & 3500) are discontinued and have been for some time.

I would like for Minelab to bring out a new SD or GP series that would fit in the $2000 - $2,500 price range.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Archived