GoldScreamer Power Pack static question

Ok, that is kind of a strange question. The gold screamer is only a signal enhancer, so it has nothing to do with the battery except to draw power from it. The Gold Screamer can be very loud, and if you have it turned up to high you may be enhancing way too much noise. I would start out the enhancer at about half way up then adjust headphones (if possibe) form there.

On a similar situation ,but this involved the Pocket rocket, and the coiltek mini amp. When the to products rub together in the right way I would static feedback through the headphones. It was very strange, and it took forever to figure the strange noise occurence out, but that is what it was.

• Admin

Hello Local Digger,

Can you explain what type of sounds you're hearing? Is it like a clicking sounds in the background that lasts for just a few seconds? I haven't heard of anyone having any problems with them, or anyone that has mentioned problems.

Get back with me so we can try to troubleshoot it.

Rob Allison

Local Digger have you tried the Auto-tune feature? I've been using the Gold Screamer and the

Pocket Rocket system on my GPX4000 for months now and the only "static" I get is from

lightening strikes when rain storms or thunder storms are in the vicinity....that's when

I quit and go home...been hit by lightening once and that was enough!!!

The noise is not like the occassional "wee yaws", or overhead aircraft false signals, or yippy ground noise from incorrect settings. It is a static that last a few seconds and occurs ten or so times hourly. If doesn't seem to make a difference if its sunny or overcast. I set the power pack at 30% to 40%. I thought possibly it could be an incoming cell phone call for a nearby detecting partner, but I ruled that out. My detecting area is within 1/4 to 1/2 mile of electrical transmission line, the big ones from a nuclear power plan, but like I said I don't recall the problem until I changed to the power pack. I may take the time to experiment with the old ML battery set up to see if that makes a difference. BTW the Dulles airport holding pattern is dirctly above us, so that may add to the difficulty in resolving without changing back.

Yes, I auto tune and tried re- auto tuning without any change.

Last week I tried an experiment with my GPX 4000 which has a Gold Screamer on it...works

great with either the ML 4000 battery or the Pocket Rocket system but when I put a 4500

battery on with the Gold Screamer I also got total static...unpluged the Gold screamer and

ran just the 4500 battery alone and everything was ok....

I took the ML with the Goldscreamer/battery pack and the standard ML battery. The area I tried is far from the power lines and air traffic and gold fields. The Goldscreamer produced the same "na,na,na,na,na,naaaa,naaaaaa" static. I changed over to the standard and hunted for an hour without the static interruption and then switched back to the Goldscreamer/battery, same thing the static reoccurred and did so every 5 to 8 minutes. I was using HI-Trash, normal, Commander DD coil. Ay suggestions?

You should have absolutely no noise. The Gold Screamer power pack is really clean sounding no matter the volume, (when it is working properly.)

You may have got one that has a funky component in it. We have sold a gazillion Gold Screamer amps and I remember 1 case like this were for some reason it would get this annoying static, and then it would go away.

Just send it back and we will get you a fresh one that hopefully will resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Doc

El D, I do not understand your comment but maybe I was not clear with my post. I am using the combo GoldScreamer Power Pack only. The ML 4500 battery is in storage. If you don't mind please help me here.

My mistake.... I understand now.... yup it will certainly work with the power pack, just not needed with the original 4500 battery. SORRY

This has been covered before, you can not use the Minelab Lithium Ion Battery supplied with a GPX 4500, 4800, or 5000 with a Gold Screamer amplifier or any amplifier that is inline between the Control Box and the Battery.

These Minelab batteries have a built in amplifier which conflicts with the Gold Screamer the DeTacc, all inline amplifiers. This is clearly explained on our ordering page at Doc's Detecting.com.

If you want to amplify your Minelab that has a battery with a built in amplifier you have to use an AFTER THE BATTERY amplifier, like the Treasure Screamer amplifier. It plugs into the headphone jack of the battery and then you plug the headphones into the amplifier. These amplifiers use a 9 volt battery and they amplify the signal coming from the battery, instead of amplifying the signal before the battery and they work great.

Now this is not to be confused with the GOLD SCREAMER POWER PACK which amplifies and replaces the Minelab Lithium Ion Battery, so it eliminates the Minelab battery from the equation and can be used on any 5 pin machine GPX4000, 4500, 4800, 5000.

Take Care!

Doc

Last week I tried an experiment with my GPX 4000 which has a Gold Screamer on it...works

great with either the ML 4000 battery or the Pocket Rocket system but when I put a 4500

battery on with the Gold Screamer I also got total static...unpluged the Gold screamer and

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I have a GPX4000 with a Pocket Rocket system on. I would like to know if it is necessary to get a goldscreamer because coiltek power system has not a built in amp as original li-ion battery has...or i can live without it.

Thank You.

Ale

You can live without it. If your hearing is good and you can hear the targets fine, save yourself some money. If you feel like you are missing out on something then simply add a Gold Screamer Amplifier to your pocket rocket system for $125.

The Gold Screamer Power pack is simply the Pocket Rocket and a Gold Screamer amp put together in the same box.

Doc

Hello guys,

I have a GPX4000 with a Pocket Rocket system on. I would like to know if it is necessary to get a goldscreamer because coiltek power system has not a built in amp as original li-ion battery has...or i can live without it.

Thank You.

Ale

You can live without it. If your hearing is good and you can hear the targets fine, save yourself some money. If you feel like you are missing out on something then simply add a Gold Screamer Amplifier to your pocket rocket system for $125.

The Gold Screamer Power pack is simply the Pocket Rocket and a Gold Screamer amp put together in the same box.

Doc

Doc,

Thank you for reply.

Fortunately my hearing is really good and my targets are bigger than nuggets.

Take r.

Ale

Archived