El Dorado & My 2-Day Hunt

Arriving mid morning to the goldfield's, I knew El Dorado was already out for the morning hunt...putting his Minelab and RZR to the test. I unloaded at camp and fired up my quad and headed out to a near by GB2 patch. 30 minutes into the hunt, I could hear a low rumble of Steve's RZR crawling up a very steep grade. He told me he went way down the mule trail and asked if I'd like to check it out? I know that steep grade and declined his offer that I wouldn't even drive my quad down. Though's RZR's are something else and a later ride with Steve and his lead foot drove me to my cooler and a early bird bath.

My two-day hunt with Steve, was perfect! Some fantastic weather blew in from Alaska and pro-longed our hunting days. We hit several Minelab & GB2 patches and my final morning hunt, Steve hit a nice little pocket of Minelab nuggets and pulled a head in the weight count in a single hole. It was another spot, we all have scoured...but Steve, just like the 6-Million Dollar Steve Austin has some new Bionic Ear's and they have been paying off this Summer with some nice finds for his poke. His first indicator nugget was the nice 2.2 dwt'er, he calls me over with my GB2 and I can hear some smaller ones that we clean up. Steve, swing's his coil over the hole again and tells me there is another target in there! I poke my GB2 in and hear silence...he dig's another 6 inches down into the Schist and two more half dwt'er pop out and a couple more GB2 dinks. It was a great find for the morning hunt, I told Robin I'd be home and cleaned up camp and drove home. She had a surprise look on her face and asked what I was doing home a day early ?*#%x#o. Well I got all the chores done and I'm ready to head out again this coming week. Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

Here's our poke when I left camp...Steve's on the Left side

13Jul2011Omega1.jpg

Sounds like a good day, good times with a friend and you got gold! :)

Tks for sharing.

Tom

Great job guys, im so jealous i havent even turned a detector on for over 2 months due to forest closures and wildfires in my backyard. looks like things are going to be back to normal soon though! Keep it up guys looks like primo ground youre in best wishes .......Justin

I'm finally back out of the woods....only found one more dink, but I did manage to find two unbroken circa 1850's bottles, one whiskey and one wine! Pics to follow cause I left the bottles in camp and forgot to take pics! I used to think my ATV would go anywhere, but a RZR is a real mule that has a bit of thorobread (sp?) thrown in for fun! Hope to see you again soon, I can't wait to do it all over!

Hey Steve...Those RZR's are awesome ... Bob took me out just after he got his last year into the White Picacho district NE of Wickenburg on some impassable ruts ... Scared me to death on some vertical climbs without even slowing down.... The good news: My butt finally unpuckered yesterday .:lol:.. Cheers, Unc

• 2 weeks later...

Good job you two!

pk

Bob,

We all had a great hunt with you! We stayed up late BS'n with Chris Ralph, Steve Herschback, Mark, Mike, Paul and Cuz'n Dave. We still got up early and all scored some color. Here's to our next gathering.

Rick

Uncle Ron. That's all GPX5000 gold with the 8" Minelab mono coil.---Bob

Dynamite combo indeed, im amazed with the fine gold timing and small mono coils. Great gold Montana , one day ill get up there to spend some time with you guys my plans this year were put on hold due to natural disasters in my neck of the woods and im finally planing my first outing in over two months :blink:

Archived