four nuggets, six rattlers

Got out today to the same area we have been hunting, nice cool morning with a chance of showers, apparently the snakes were just as excited with the cool weather as we were, at one point I was holding one off with my coil and had one near my left side buzzing like crazy in the tall grass and a third moving somewhere to my right. Needless to say we surrendered the wash to them and moved to an area with no grass, we did pull out the top four nuggets, the bottom two are from the same area, got them last weekend

post-121-0-66751800-1315619874_thumb.jpg

I switched to a speaker several years ago, I ran into a bee hive that i couldn't hear, they are the only thing I won't mess with, I can outrun a rattler but the bees are a whole different story, we got run out of a wash last week, you could hear them around the bend and I don't mess with them at all, I think the majority of the wild hives are africanized

I switched to a speaker several years ago, I ran into a bee hive that i couldn't hear, they are the only thing I won't mess with, I can outrun a rattler but the bees are a whole different story, we got run out of a wash last week, you could hear them around the bend and I don't mess with them at all, I think the majority of the wild hives are africanized

Very nice finds Glen!!

My dad used to keep bees.

Odd little creatures....they dont like colors, sting, dont like sweat, sting, dont like perfume, sting....But, they are amazing little guys if you study how they work.

Thier bee barf tastes good (honey)

I can tell you when one gets it into his little brain to sting you....hes gonna. They will follow you and keep hitting...just got to kill em. :)

Dad got out of it because of the africanized ones coming up into the states. Didnt want to take the chance of a lawsuit.

Tom

We had to have a nest removed at the store here in Black Canyon and they were africanized, it was scary to watch the guy, those things were absolutely ferocious. Rob and I ran into a hive at an old mine in the Tucson area years ago, you could see the swarm growing at the entrance so we ran for the Cherokee, you are completely defenseless against them.

We had to have a nest removed at the store here in Black Canyon and they were africanized, it was scary to watch the guy, those things were absolutely ferocious. Rob and I ran into a hive at an old mine in the Tucson area years ago, you could see the swarm growing at the entrance so we ran for the Cherokee, you are completely defenseless against them.

You are SO RIGHT Glenn, every time I go out alone that is my worst fear. Rattlers I can deal with but running into a swarm of those pesky little creatures could be doomsday out in the middle of nowhere all alone.

I had to deal with a hive at a property I was working on once and called the fire dept. they came and spray foamed 'em to kingdom come.

NICE nuggets !!!

If you do get hit in the future with a swarm...cover up fast...especially your face.

Best is to just stay aware and stay away. :) Or carry a can of raid to spray around.

I remember one time dad and I were removing a hive of european honey bees from under a shed. He got stung about 20 times cutting the comb out and it really affected him...short on breath and sweating...but dads tough and shrugged it off.

Dont PULL stingers out...they have a little sack of juice left on them that you will inject.....brush it off with a comb.

Fortunatly I have not run into any rattlers this year. Did find some kind of a snake high tailing it away from me and I didnt ask him his ethnic grouping. I really dont like them. I wont kill them as they have thier place in the chain....but they do give me the willies!

Tom

P.S....ammonia bluing really helps calm stings from bees. It look funny...but it works!

Very nice finds Glen!!

My dad used to keep bees.

Odd little creatures....they dont like colors, sting, dont like sweat, sting, dont like perfume, sting....But, they are amazing little guys if you study how they work.

Thier bee barf tastes good (honey)

I can tell you when one gets it into his little brain to sting you....hes gonna. They will follow you and keep hitting...just got to kill em. :)

Dad got out of it because of the africanized ones coming up into the states. Didnt want to take the chance of a lawsuit.

Tom

Got to Love Bee Barf. LOL

You haven't lived until your up a telephone pole 20' -30' standing on gaffs with two

little spikes holding you up and you open up a telephone ready access terminal and surprise....

Wasp, hornets, Bees and every flying thing you can imagine makes nest in them.

It was quite an art to pull your spray can out of your belt bag and dance around spraying angry wasp.

I know I set some kind of record several times getting down off the pole.

Oh, for the good old days.

You haven't lived until your up a telephone pole 20' -30' standing on gaffs with two

little spikes holding you up and you open up a telephone ready access terminal and surprise....

Wasp, hornets, Bees and every flying thing you can imagine makes nest in them.

It was quite an art to pull your spray can out of your belt bag and dance around spraying angry wasp.

I know I set some kind of record several times getting down off the pole.

Oh, for the good old days.

Sounds like ya'll started the fad of "Pole Dancing"!!! :blink:

Skip

Archived