Little one from Aravaica

I only go to Arivaca once a year, for I haven't found a nugget there,that is until yesterday. I got the Arivaca Skunk off of my back. Now I might go there more often. To all that went to Greaterville, I am sorry that you drew a blank. I think that all the big ones are all taken, all I find there are small ones. Better luck next time. Doug

I only go to Aravaica once a year, for I haven't found a nugget there,that is until yesterday. I got the Aravaica Skunk off of my back. Now I might go there more often. To all that went to Greaterville, I am sorry that you drew a blank. I think that all the big ones are all taken, all I find there are small ones. Better luck next time. Doug

Doug:

Thats a nice nugget!

Hopefully you busted the area open...now got get em :)

Where is Aravaica? Is it in Arizona? Ive just never heard of it.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Doug,

Great find! The Aravaica Goldfield is an interesting place. I have found some beautiful nuggets and specimens in Milky White quartz there. A good friend scored a nice 4.5 ounce solid nugget about 4 years ago. There are also sizeable Silver nuggets not far from those Goldfields!

On another note, all goldfields are known for much more smaller gold. Larger gold still exsists at Greaterville, but they are far and few inbetween like most areas. I'm still searching for that spot that just has larger gold nuggets.

Wishing you much more success at the new location.

Rob Allison

Hey Doug,

Great find! The Aravaica Goldfield is an interesting place. I have found some beautiful nuggets and specimens in Milky White quartz there. A good friend scored a nice 4.5 ounce solid nugget about 4 years ago. There are also sizeable Silver nuggets not far from those Goldfields!

On another note, all goldfields are known for much more smaller gold. Larger gold still exsists at Greaterville, but they are far and few inbetween like most areas. I'm still searching for that spot that just has larger gold nuggets.

Wishing you much more success at the new location.

Rob Allison

Rob, I am sure that there are some larger nuggs out there, I just need to find some. By the way I was using the 4500 with the coiltec. Take care and let me know if you are ever down this way. Doug

Hey Doug,

Nice find.... Just as a reminder...be very careful at Arivaca. Last time I Beeped there I walked right into the middle of a group of Illegals laying up under the tree's.....Only time I wasn't packing my 44 mag....scared the Be Jesus out of me and them. Had to clean my drawers out when I got home...Lol.

Best wishes,

Steve

Doug

Nice little chunk you found there,a good one for down there. I use to go down there a couple times a week but finally gave in to the illegals. I've got a good amount of gold out of there but never a piece of any size. Spend all my time now in Greaterville. I don't beep there anymore but do get out there two or three days a week and dig. The gold is so damn small that its disappointing but when one is addicted one can't stay away. I would like to beep there but my 4500 false so bad that it isn't worth taking down there. So I just dig away and enjoy the time spent in the hills. I see that you are down there a lot. I don't know why we have never run into each other. Maybe we can hook up some time and dig some trash together.

Happy hunting. AL.C

Good job Doug..... keep hammering away bro!

Hey Doug,

Nice find.... Just as a reminder...be very careful at Arivaca. Last time I Beeped there I walked right into the middle of a group of Illegals laying up under the tree's.....Only time I wasn't packing my 44 mag....scared the Be Jesus out of me and them. Had to clean my drawers out when I got home...Lol.

Best wishes,

Steve

Steve, I carry a 357 Mag, but it won't do much good against the guns that we are sending to Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Doug

Nice little chunk you found there,a good one for down there. I use to go down there a couple times a week but finally gave in to the illegals. I've got a good amount of gold out of there but never a piece of any size. Spend all my time now in Greaterville. I don't beep there anymore but do get out there two or three days a week and dig. The gold is so damn small that its disappointing but when one is addicted one can't stay away. I would like to beep there but my 4500 false so bad that it isn't worth taking down there. So I just dig away and enjoy the time spent in the hills. I see that you are down there a lot. I don't know why we have never run into each other. Maybe we can hook up some time and dig some trash together.

Happy hunting. AL.C

You bet :D

great job bud, theres still big ones in GV and arivaca just got to get youre coil over it. Ive got a new area ive been scouting in gv for us but the hike is long. see you soon :D

great job bud, theres still big ones in GV and arivaca just got to get youre coil over it. Ive got a new area ive been scouting in gv for us but the hike is long. see you soon :D

If you want Gold, Sometimes you have to hike. I am going out tomorrow to a spot where I have found gold. Wish me luck Bro.

Steve, I carry a 357 Mag, but it won't do much good against the guns that we are sending to Mexico
So true. It's not that bad down that way I average 3 trips a month down that way been doing that for years never had a problem, then again I'm not looking for one either. Nice piece congrats.

Doug,

Hey congrat's! You've become a very fine detectorist. Like all old patches they'll keep kicking out nugs to the slow swing of your coil. Like Rob said, there is still big ones to find in that country...you may have been a swing away from it, check the other side of the hill. Good luck

LuckyLundy

Doug,

Hey congrat's! You've become a very fine detectorist. Like all old patches they'll keep kicking out nugs to the slow swing of your coil. Like Rob said, there is still big ones to find in that country...you may have been a swing away from it, check the other side of the hill. Good luck

LuckyLundy

Lucky you're right. About 6 or 8 yrs. ago, Bob B tryed to ground balance his GM-3 . It turned out that he was trying to ground balance over a nugget. The area has been pounded sense then. I found my nugget only 12 feet from that spot, where he placed 3 rocks to identify it. Just goes to show, there's always the chance of another nugg. :D:D

So true. It's not that bad down that way I average 3 trips a month down that way been doing that for years never had a problem, then again I'm not looking for one either. Nice piece congrats.

Doug..Your a smart Man Don't leave home without the heat. Way2cool, I also have a vast amount of experience in that area all the way from Greaterville accross to Amado accross to Sasabe and on accross the T.O rez. Been deer hunting yearly in the Arivaca area and south of the Seiraritas for the past 30 years....Don't hunt there anymore as it's too dangerous....Been involved in two drug runs down there in which I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Had nothing to do with what i was looking for.....Don't matter to them drug runners who are heavely armed and will blow you away just cause you happened to be on their route at the wrong time. Not too many years ago we had a deer hunter killed in his tent while camped alone on the west side of the Santa Rita's at the foot of Elephant head mountain...Stole his truck Too....Which brings up another thing....Dont get out of site of your vehicle down there if you value it...Might have a long walk home. Best thing to do in that area is don't go alone and always stay alert to your surroundings.....There has been numerous killings of innocent people over the years so I am just saying to all to be careful and be prepared to defend yourself if necissary while anywhere south of Interstate 8.

Archived