Thanks for the help Rob

I called Rob last week for some advice on how to better my 2100. He offered to meet me at his claim in Rich Hill last weekend with some products that would help.After a few hours of testing we decided that the Gold Screamer was the best choice.Excitedly Tuesday morning I went to an old favorite canyon. I hunted 7 1/2 hours on one battery,the machine had never been this stable,when it was stock it was always noisy and unstable and got worse as the day went on especially with a mono coil and the unregulated battery system.I also took Rob's advice purchased a new 14x9 Coiltek Goldstalker Blitz. This is by far the best coil I've ever put to the ground,it is as sensitive as the 8" mono without the noise and covers more ground.All toll for the day I dug 24 targets,I thought I had pulled out most of the trash in the past year and there never was much to begin with because there is no sign of old timers.Out of the 24 targets 3 were gold. One 1 1/2 penneyweight. One 1 penneyweight and one just under a penneyweight all on bedrock. I can't vouch for the depth yet. That will be chapter 2! Thanks again Rob this old greenbox has never performed like this. Mike Adair

Way to go. You can't beat that GoldScreamer, or the 9 X 13 Blitz coil. The SD2100 is a fantastic machine and with a little help it still finds a lot more than with no help at all.

This also should go to answer the questions or misconception that people have that the Blitz coil is only for the GPX5000.

It works great on all the pulse induction machines.

Doc

I called Rob last week for some advice on how to better my 2100. He offered to meet me at his claim in Rich Hill last weekend with some products that would help.After a few hours of testing we decided that the Gold Screamer was the best choice.Excitedly Tuesday morning I went to an old favorite canyon. I hunted 7 1/2 hours on one battery,the machine had never been this stable,when it was stock it was always noisy and unstable and got worse as the day went on especially with a mono coil and the unregulated battery system.I also took Rob's advice purchased a new 14x9 Coiltek Goldstalker Blitz. This is by far the best coil I've ever put to the ground,it is as sensitive as the 8" mono without the noise and covers more ground.All toll for the day I dug 24 targets,I thought I had pulled out most of the trash in the past year and there never was much to begin with because there is no sign of old timers.Out of the 24 targets 3 were gold. One 1 1/2 penneyweight. One 1 penneyweight and one just under a penneyweight all on bedrock. I can't vouch for the depth yet. That will be chapter 2! Thanks again Rob this old greenbox has never performed like this. Mike Adair

Great job , any pics? Rob and Doc have always gone out of there way to make sure everyone has the best experience, I know i would not have the poke that i do without the Nugget Hunting crew ;)

• Admin

Hey Mike,

It was a real pleasure meeting up with you over the weekend. Thanks once again for your business and friendship. I'm a sole believer (as I told you orginally) that the regulated systems along with a good Mono searchcoil make a huge difference on non-regulated Minelab detectors, such as the SD2000, 2100 & 2200.

Looks like the test we even done showed the results. Too bad you were unable to re-find the nugget, but I'm sure we will get together again and find another one or two.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Archived